Continued Issues with P3A camera following crash..

Reaction score
So I crashed my P3A and afterward the camera was slightly damaged. I had to take off the ribbon cable and put it back on in order to fix it. After doing this is worked fine for two weeks or so until I took it up a mountain and flew it and after coming down the camera was tilted and would not untilt as seen in pic below, it also began zebra striping all high exposure areas.

bf26b2c89b57521e660fe2ef6ca54b9d.jpg

So, I ordered a replacement yaw arm as this was bent from the crash and also a new ribbon cable and installed both no problem. I reattached my camera to the gimbal and it now goes crazy, flipping all over the place and overloading the gimbal as seen in pics below.

06dac1105e9337898f229c6b090872f1.jpg
b497a58dd604fbc5078e39b77e7ad2b6.jpg
9e6d63e0088c7cc6d199891e0e47d0e3.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do next? I am kinda lost here feel like I've tried a lot of things with no success...

I'm in the same boat. The camera now never quits banging around. All i did was remove the camera and tightened up some loose screws.
One video I saw said check where the shaft enters the roll motor variable resistor. It should read 4 k. then half way down 2k. That resistor not working causes the camera to bang around. Mine is fine.

So frustrating, that it worked better before I replaced the yaw arm and ribbon cable.... [emoji58]

I had same problem after replacing arm & cable. Took it apart several times but could never sort it. I sent it away for repair, they sorted it saying was an issue with how the cable was fitted.
So double check how your cable is routed.

From what I remember seeing in an old YouTube video, the side panel of the camera has to be removed, from there you use a screw driver to turn a flat circle and make the line horizontal. Hope someone else can chime in ad I remember seeing this video but it was a few months back

From what I remember seeing in an old YouTube video, the side panel of the camera has to be removed, from there you use a screw driver to turn a flat circle and make the line horizontal. Hope someone else can chime in ad I remember seeing this video but it was a few months back
That is in the roll motor shaft, it is not in the camera.

FullSizeRender.jpg
It doesn't appear you've received a reply to your issue. What you need to do is to remove the cover plate of the roll motor, it's got 5 screws.

Once removed, look at the shat, and see what the position is of the flat edge of the shaft. The flat edge should be parallel with the horizon, or at the very least very close. See picture

If it's not, then youll need to lift up the little circuit board, and very carefully grip the shaft with a pair of small needle nose pliers to hold it still, while yiou twist the roll arm to readjust the flat edge to parallel to horizon.

Then one last thing you may want to do, is to, probably best with fingers only, no pliers, squeeze the shaft into both ends. What you are trying to do now is to press the shaft back into it's seat, as it is pressed in during assembly.

Don't be afraid to tear into these when needed, it's the only way you'll learn. And trust me, the gimbal and camera are the Achilles heel of drones. You just have to be careful, Parts are fairly readily available online at ebay or host of other brick and mortars locations as well.

Oh, and all the above is assuming it's no longer under warranty. And of course if it is, then if you are patient enough to wait a month of sundays to get it back.

Good luck

Thanks i have dune that but it seems to bee in good order

Attachments

• 1499591765409755181663.jpg
    1499591765409755181663.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 344
There is also the very real possibility that the new ribbon cable may have been defective. And to a certain extent, the cheaper the cable, the more likely it may have defects.

You say you replaced the yaw arm, you may have reassembled one of the arm(s) 180 deg off, I've done that more than a few times myself.

And like the other fellow was saying, it may be a bad ESC board(s) on the gimbal.

I'm having the same problem,how can you reassemble one of the arms 180deg off

Your potentiometer sensor is cracked.
I think its on the yaw because majority of impacts that results in a bent arm means a crushed potentiometer on the main gimbal board (yaw).

Do you still have your old advanced board? Switch it over to test.

Not sure how much you want to spend, but you can buy a new gimbal and camera for about $259 on eBay. Just bolt on and go.

I was leary of the camera lens being out of alignment after I crashed hard-yawl arm broke from gimbal and camera was 4-5' away from drone

soooo cost of new camera vs refurbished drone directly fr dJi was about $50 bucs difference...w a 1yr dJi Wty

So now I have 2 drones up n running..
1 for videos
1 for scaring hell out of those turbo shitter geese

If u put the camera on off by 180 degrees it goes crazy. The back side of the camera housing should be on the flat side of the shaft.

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT