Confusion over LED indicators

Reaction score
Just flew my phantom 2 without gimbal for first time. Believe I set the compass properly, because I got two green LEDS. On takeoff, copter hovered nicely in one place despite 10 mph wind. Did not seem to search. However when I looked upward, I see the green leds solidly on..perhaps they were blinking occasionally, but then noticed two of the arms were showing solid red LEDS ...what does mean .....satellite lock?

greytail said:
Just flew my phantom 2 without gimbal for first time. Believe I set the compass properly, because I got two green LEDS. On takeoff, copter hovered nicely in one place despite 10 mph wind. Did not seem to search. However when I looked upward, I see the green leds solidly on..perhaps they were blinking occasionally, but then noticed two of the arms were showing solid red LEDS ...what does mean .....satellite lock?

No, solid green is the intermediate step in calibrating the compass. I am surprised it will allow flight at that point but it looks like you didn't finish calibrating the compass. The manual is your friend. Read it. Know it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl