Confirm RTH Behavior

Reaction score
So I was doing a distance test with my PS3 and got out to 10,881 feet (using Windsurfer) before I lost signal. That was expected. My assumption was that the PS3 would go into RTH mode and head back. I waited for roughly 4 to 5 minutes but was not getting a re-established signal. My assumption was that once the drone was within signal range I would re-establish connection. Getting nervous I toggled my S1 switch twice to initiate RTH just in case it was hung out there somewhere. Shortly there after I toggled the controller power off/on to make sure signal was truly lost. The PS3 eventually came back into visual range at which point I was able to regain signal and bring her home.

In reviewing the video, I see the PS3 go into RTH mode and head home. Approximately two thirds of the way it stops and hovers for a short period of time and then continues home. I suspect my toggling of the S1 switch actually cancelled the RTH mode at which point the PS3 stopped. It must have still had some intermittent signal though my controller showed no connection. When I toggled the power on the controller, the PS3 went back into RTH mode and continued home. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Yep, I believe you got it. By the way, toggling the right switch (S1) cancels rth. Toggling the left switch (S2) twice or more initiates rth.

Yep, I believe you got it. By the way, toggling the right switch (S1) cancels rth. Toggling the left switch (S2) twice or more initiates rth.

Sorry, got the switches reversed. It was the left switch (S2) I toggled, next to the camera gimbal control.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl