Compass Relocation Help and Advice with VIDEO

Reaction score
Greetings all, I'm a newbie here to the forum & glad to be a member posting my first help thread. I could sure use some help & advise with a compass issue.

As of a few weeks ago, I had a bone stock P1, however last week I recently crashed it. I have been wanting to paint & modify the Phantom 1 for some time and thought this would be a good time to do it. I added some Carbon T-Motor 9x3 Props, Painted the top shell, added some new graphics and made modifications to the landing gear and compass. Please see video of the compass relocation.

Why I need your help is here. - I wanted low profile P1 to do some stunt flying with so the main thing I did was modify the landing gear to 1-1/2" stubby's. Doing so gave me no mounting room on the landing gear for the compass, I fabricated my own bracket from an R/C car part to mount the compass to. Do you think the compass will still work correctly being moved from its original location to my new location? I certainly don't want to send it up in the air and risk a possible crash from compass failure. I have the compass very close to the main body of the craft now. Do you guys think I am OK to fly the P1 where I have it now or ?? Any help would be welcome please.

Thank you kindly for your time and help.

42.jpg 43.jpg 41.jpg 44.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor