Compass Relocation Help and Advice with VIDEO

Reaction score
Greetings all, I'm a newbie here to the forum & glad to be a member posting my first help thread. I could sure use some help & advise with a compass issue.

As of a few weeks ago, I had a bone stock P1, however last week I recently crashed it. I have been wanting to paint & modify the Phantom 1 for some time and thought this would be a good time to do it. I added some Carbon T-Motor 9x3 Props, Painted the top shell, added some new graphics and made modifications to the landing gear and compass. Please see video of the compass relocation.

Why I need your help is here. - I wanted low profile P1 to do some stunt flying with so the main thing I did was modify the landing gear to 1-1/2" stubby's. Doing so gave me no mounting room on the landing gear for the compass, I fabricated my own bracket from an R/C car part to mount the compass to. Do you think the compass will still work correctly being moved from its original location to my new location? I certainly don't want to send it up in the air and risk a possible crash from compass failure. I have the compass very close to the main body of the craft now. Do you guys think I am OK to fly the P1 where I have it now or ?? Any help would be welcome please.

Thank you kindly for your time and help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

42.jpg 43.jpg 41.jpg 44.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.