Compass failure after 5 days and maybe 6 flights. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compass can disconnect for many reasons. One reason would be conflicting information between the two. This can be caused by a bad calibration, bad take off point, bad hardware, or bad firmware. No way to know without going through a process of elimination. I would strongly suggest recalibrating after studying the dos and don'ts of calibration on this site. And then chose a take off point that is not on a road surface or other area that could be locally magnetized.
Yes sir. As I stated above I calibrated, my friend calibrated, I went to a lake in the middle of nowhere and calibrated. I may be new to the forum, but this isn't my first dji quad.

OK. But in the picture above, your take off point is in the middle of a street. Not the best place to take off when you're trying to diagnose compass issues.

OK. But in the picture above, your take off point is in the middle of a street. Not the best place to take off when you're trying to diagnose compass issues.
Yea that just happened to be where I grabbed a screen shot. The text following a few posts down explained everything else. I assume you warned me and replied to my comment without reading that specific post?

Anyway, all of you have totally derailed this thread. I said thanks to the guy that tried to offer assistance by suggesting I open up the legs (which are different than the regular p4 btw), and I responded with a bit of personality.

People took exception without contributing anything to the thread and I get a warning for asking why everyone's being rude. Gotcha

OK. This thread is now closed. @Awake00, I think at this point, you may want to take it up with DJI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka