Compass failure after 5 days and maybe 6 flights. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Started getting a "restart aircraft" error saying there was a "high magnetic field". I calibrated the compass several times and did the IMU calibration a bunch and everything passed just fine, but my compass 1 is still disconnected.

Very disappointing.

M3XUc4d.png

emptied everything. my friend has a p4p too and he calibrated in the same spots I did, and his was fine. Even went out to a lake away from infrastructure and still couldnt get the compass to come back online. I think something has just physically disconnected.

Reactions: kirk2579
emptied everything. my friend has a p4p too and he calibrated in the same spots I did, and his was fine. Even went out to a lake away from infrastructure and still couldnt get the compass to come back online. I think something has just physically disconnected.

the compass is on the leg and plugs into the MB , maybe check the plug and see if it came loose

the compass is on the leg and plugs into the MB , maybe check the plug and see if it came loose
yea, im not opening **** up. its already on its way back to the dealer and a new one has been purchased.

The compass may have a connection but the operator has an attitude problem......they maybe linked.
Good one.

I said thanks. I never asked for help. I was just posting this for others to find if needed like I said. Nobody said anything to you.

Reactions: durrantie
Good one.

I said thanks. I never asked for help. I was just posting this for others to find if needed like I said. Nobody said anything to you.
But find it for what? This thread has no useful info in it. You had a problem and fixed it by getting a replacement phantom. What helpful info does that provide?

[Offensive comment removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
But find it for what? This thread has no useful info in it. You had a problem and fixed it by getting a replacement phantom. What helpful info does that provide?
Cause I did everything dji recommended several times which was the compass calibration and the Imu calibration. Someone who comes to this thread will read what I wrote and see what I said I did and if they call dji they'll probably have them so the same and then if that fails send it back.

And I was hoping for more of a discussion but apparently you guys are more interested in the fact that I'm not looking for help. There is a p4p discussion forum and a help forum. I assumed this one was for discussion and the other was for help.

Cause I did everything dji recommended several times which was the compass calibration and the Imu calibration. Someone who comes to this thread will read what I wrote and see what I said I did and if they call dji they'll probably have them so the same and then if that fails send it back.
I think the discussion about magnetic interference is helpful though it wasn't in your first post. I think where it goes south is when you go off about "I'm not opening **** up" etc... Not sure what kind of "discussion " you were expecting with a reply like that...

I think the discussion about magnetic interference is helpful though it wasn't in your first post. I think where it goes south is when you go off about "I'm not opening **** up" etc... Not sure what kind of "discussion " you were expecting with a reply like that...
The person that mentioned magnetic interference I responded to with what I did about that. The next person kind of suggested opening up my five day old 1500 drone and voiding my warranty, so I responded that there was no way in hell I was going to do that. I think that's a reasonable response.

Anyway, none of this is contributing to the thread. If everyone could just keep on topic that would be great. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my response.

@Awake00, I've removed your comment and given you a warning. That kind of behavior is not tolerated on this forum.

As for your issue, there is a LOT of information on compass issues. It is very common for new users to make mistakes calibrating their compass or taking off from areas where there is a localized magnetic field. I suggest you go back and look for more information on what to do.

@Awake00, I've removed your comment and given you a warning. That kind of behavior is not tolerated on this forum.

As for your issue, there is a LOT of information on compass issues. It is very common for new users to make mistakes calibrating their compass or taking off from areas where there is a localized magnetic field. I suggest you go back and look for more information on what to do.
I've seen no discussion about a p4p compass disconnect. If you could direct me to a thread about that I'd greatly appreciate it!

Compass can disconnect for many reasons. One reason would be conflicting information between the two. This can be caused by a bad calibration, bad take off point, bad hardware, or bad firmware. No way to know without going through a process of elimination. I would strongly suggest recalibrating after studying the dos and don'ts of calibration on this site. And then chose a take off point that is not on a road surface or other area that could be locally magnetized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan