Compass Error

IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0613.JPG IMG_0604.JPG For your viewing horror.... I did not add this in the OP but initially I thought it was lost forever. I had no idea what direction it went. Later that night I got a call from the local police saying they found it at the HS football stadium and put it on my front porch. Apparently he looked at the location of pics on the SD card. Anyways, glad no one was hurt. Here is a pic of the drone and the impact location

It'll take more than duct tape and bungee cords to fix.

Any video of its final flight?

For sure. P3S is cheap enough to have several on hand ;). Just dig the next one in line out and carry on.

Reactions: anotherlab
I can say is always make sure GPS is running and working and go into your Advance settings into your drone and make sure your home return is set up so if you lose signal for any reason or controller dies it will automatically return home or land depending on what you set up on yours. I will send some pictures, so you can see what I'm talking about my drone is not hooked up at the time but it still looks the same.
22041b5259de1201cb9ca9202b851005.jpg
033b1b41467c29d2fea62d63a199e005.jpg
21da3245439c6df0837488fe924b7585.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thanks all, after a week still no response from DJI. I called Friday and they said Monday.

If it had a compass error and lost connection with the aircraft, why would it continue to randomly fly? Seems like a big safety issue.

I'm guessing that it was intending to return home but was not able to find it due to the compass error?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl