Compass cable - how do you fit it?

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Does anyone know the secret to replacing the compass in a P3 Adv/Pro?
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the lightbridge antenna to click in because of the compass cable has to also fit in.
And the fine compass cable doesn't like to get crimped - it pulls on and snaps one of the wires.
I've broken my original before I realised it's a problem.
Now I've driven a long way to pick up a new one and home again and carefully tried to fit it but can't find a way to do it.
And even though I was exercising great care, the new one is also broken now.
I've trawled youtube looking for the secret but haven't been able to find any of the shell replacement videos that show this detail.
There must be a way to get this to fit but I can't work it out.
Has anyone worked this out.
i-kfVnQZD-L.jpg

Maybe try detaching the compass first. It'll probably be a lot easier to feed the compass cable that way.

The problem is how to put the lightbridge antenna in without crimping the compass cable, particularly at the top where there is not enough room for the cable and the antenna piece to fit..

The problem is how to put the lightbridge antenna in without crimping the compass cable, particularly at the top where there is not enough room for the cable and the antenna piece to fit..
Had the same problem....now use a couple of zip ties, I don't attempt to refit as per factory.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl