Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cleaning

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Sammynels, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Sammynels

How do you guys clean the body of your P3 from bugs, etc? Anyone use a spray cleaner. I had a small scuff into the plastic body of mine and Mr. Cleans Magic Eraser made it unnoticeable but what about windex or Lysol for general cleaning??

2. Cyclone

I just use some wet wipes.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

A little bit of Dawn dish soap and water works well for me.

Bigdz likes this.
  4. envisionabove

Bleach gets the stains out fast

5. happydays

Get somebody else to do it.

I've only ever had props getting dirty, bugs and grass mainly. Where I test and practice has fairly long grass and even though the craft site on top of the case, it occasionally clips the long grass and dirties the props. A sponge and water clean it off fine.

6. tcope

Most of the items mentioned below will adversely affect the plastic. Will this matter in the long run? Probably not. When clean, I wipe mine down with a good plastic protector such as Lexol vinyl and plastic protector or Aerospace 303. This makes it much easier to clean the P3 later and also puts some good UV protector on the plastic. I wipe down the entire P3 and the props. I also wipe down the controller.

7. jlo

jlo

8. Squirrel!

9. Zeprider

I've only encountered this when I happen upon an area with bees/wasps. It's actually funny to watch them chase the bird back and forth. Admittedly I will also reverse course and chase them :D. They learn quickly.

Squirrel! likes this.
  10. Ed_2020

Any tip regarding sea mist? It contains salt and goes into the motors and gimbal.

Even on days when you can barely notice some mist in the air, after the flight you can feel it on the airframe and props.

11. Wolfiesden

Ugg. Bleach? Bleach contains chlorine and chlorine is a corrosive. And you are putting it on something with serious concentration of electronics AND vents to let the chlorine gas in.

Leave the bleach in the laundry room.

FrequentFlyer likes this.
  12. jerrys54

My 2- From my equally expensive hobby, off-road motorcycles, I found a can of Plexus Plastic Cleaner in my gear that I tried on my P3P. Crazy how good this stuff works. Removes grass-stains, gives you a somewhat protected sealed but breathable coating, & It's anti-static. You have to try it to believe it really. Downside: $$$

I do not work for this company and am not sponsored by this product etc. It's just personally the best cleaning product I've come across.

Here's a link: Plexus 20214 Plastic Cleaner Protectant and Polish - 13 oz Aerosol Can