Motor shot? Or board fried

IMG_6174.jpg
@bsartist !!

Still using the same motor?

Rod
No. I got one of these

$125 as shown? ;)

I wish I had more time. :rolleyes:
I used to say if you got time, you don't have any money.
Seems like I have neither. :)

Rod

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Thank you sir. [emoji106]

Edit: part ordered, and you are right.....super positive reviews on this seller.
This just in. Don't know if this relates to the new board. ...

I just took it for a flight and at 1:45 into the flight I was doing a sweeping turn and a compass error flashed on the screen and it told me to exit P-GPS. I did not do that. In about 10 seconds the problem was gone and it was back into P-GPS. I uploaded the log to phantomhelp and reviewed it. At 1:45.7 there was a Yaw Error and it switched to ATTI mode. Then 0.8 seconds later was the compass error and yaw error. Then rows of Yaw Error till 1:59.3. They stopped and it switched back to P-GPS.

After I brought the bird back, I restarted it and ran roughly the same flight without any problems.

This just in. Don't know if this relates to the new board. ...

I just took it for a flight and at 1:45 into the flight I was doing a sweeping turn and a compass error flashed on the screen and it told me to exit P-GPS. I did not do that. In about 10 seconds the problem was gone and it was back into P-GPS. I uploaded the log to phantomhelp and reviewed it. At 1:45.7 there was a Yaw Error and it switched to ATTI mode. Then 0.8 seconds later was the compass error and yaw error. Then rows of Yaw Error till 1:59.3. They stopped and it switched back to P-GPS.

After I brought the bird back, I restarted it and ran roughly the same flight without any problems.

Thanks for the update. Strange behavior for sure. But, the second flight being uneventful is a good sign that all is well. Maybe just a stray signal or interference/magnetic fluctuation caused the error?

My best P3S does some squirrelly things sometimes too. I think it is seeing if I'm paying attention to it or not. Increases the pucker-factor at times.

Reactions: cneedelman
Thanks for the update. Strange behavior for sure. But, the second flight being uneventful is a good sign that all is well. Maybe just a stray signal or interference/magnetic fluctuation caused the error?

My best P3S does some squirrelly things sometimes too. I think it is seeing if I'm paying attention to it or not. Increases the pucker-factor at times.
Ran it around my yard making turns for awhile. No issues.

My concern is that I make fairly heavy use of litchi waypoint missions. If it happens "out there" on one of those I could be toast. I'll take it out tomorrow in an open field and run it around till I have no batt. Then check the logs. I'll post an update.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Glad I was able to help. A shame to waste all that research. :)

Well, a few months ago I ordered the ESC board from another vendor, and attempted the swap myself, including all the soldering of the couple dozen wires to little-bitty contacts on the board.

Got something wrong somewhere, (probably some wayward solder where it shouldn't be), or another broken component, so this is plan B. It's a spare bird anyway. A good rainy day project.

Thanks again for the link to the part. [emoji106]

Well, a few months ago I ordered the ESC board from another vendor, and attempted the swap myself, including all the soldering of the couple dozen wires to little-bitty contacts on the board.

Got something wrong somewhere, (probably some wayward solder where it shouldn't be), or another broken component, so this is plan B. It's a spare bird anyway. A good rainy day project.

Thanks again for the link to the part. [emoji106]
For the same bird?? This is for the P3S. They don't have separate ESC boards.

Yep, correct a P3S. Sorry for any confusion. I tried just replacing the board on the crashed bird with no joy. Should have done it all with board and motors, etc......and no soldering.
Ok. Some AC have separate ESC boards for each motor. The P3S incorporates them onto the main board. So I guess you were calling the main board the ESC. I had that misconception too.

By the way, when you are installing the new board, make sure to take the little ribbon cable from the old power connector in the battery compartment and transfer it to the new one. It's the one thing that connects from one place on the old part to another on the old part. So it's easy to forget to transfer it. At least it was easy for me to forget. I had to undo a bunch of work to get it in there on the new board.

Yeah, I probably would have forgotten it. Followed by some inappropriate language. Thanks for the reminder. I can do electrical work all day long around the house, but this precise stuff is way beyond my skill or patience level. I can handle this swap though.

Thanks.

fantastic i haven't been so lucky with my replacement getting battery error
i found the problem with my battery error the communication cable for the battery was not completely plugged into its connector on the new board in my concern that i was going to damage the connector or the brand new board. so after completely plugging it in voila no more problems...for now

Reactions: bsartist
i found the problem with my battery error the communication cable for the battery was not completely plugged into its connector on the new board in my concern that i was going to damage the connector or the brand new board. so after completely plugging it in voila no more problems...for now

Good to hear you got it sorted out.

I ran a few more flights, including an 8,000 ft+ flight out over a lake. No more compass errors so far.

Good to hear there are no errors and you had a safe flight. My 'new' board/motors should be here Monday, so I'll be piecing my injured spare bird back together in the coming days. Taking my time, and may try some 2.4/5.8 antenna mods on the bird while I'm at it. Nothing drastic, just tinkering.......[emoji848]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka