Cheap Lenovo tablet. Anyone tried DJI Go app on it?

I'm running it perfectly on the Lenovo Tab 2 A7-20
It's running Android 4.4.2, has great battery life and runs smooth without any lags

Check the specs between the A7-20 and the A7-30 and if they're similar, you should be fine.

I did have to manually download and install the app from DJI.com (see earlier post), as it wouldn't install from Play Store.
Cheers
Ian

I'm running it perfectly on the Lenovo Tab 2 A7-20
It's running Android 4.4.2, has great battery life and runs smooth without any lags

Check the specs between the A7-20 and the A7-30 and if they're similar, you should be fine.

I did have to manually download and install the app from DJI.com (see earlier post), as it wouldn't install from Play Store.
Cheers
Ian
Thanks! They are almost the same as far as I see. The only difference is that A7-30 has 3G. Thanks again for the info!

That's good. I also downloaded a 50 mile radius of Google Maps onto the tablet and it displays the location perfectly with map wherever I'm flying. GPS was the reason I got this tablet; you shouldn't have any need for the 3g functionality (for Go App at least; unless you want that for other purposes).
Cheers

Ian

Purchased a Lenovo today tab 2 a7-20 7" unpacked went to google play found that the go app is incompatible with this version. Running droid 4.4 lollipop. Tried downloading from dji site same. Returned today for refund. :(

So, just an update for anyone else trying this; you can get the app to download from the DJI site by clicking on the Go App link, then clicking the 'get it on google play' button. But, make sure you're not using Chrome Browser, or it will divert thru to the Play App and tell you your device isn't compatible. After 3 attempts, I tried the alternate browser installed (UC - The squirel icon
smile.gif
) and this time it started downloading the app fine, installed and is working perfectly.
The Tab is 4.4.2 with a quad core 1.3 processor and seems to run it fine. And you can synchronise all your flight data using the small cloud symbol top right.
Cheers
Ian
So, just an update for anyone else trying this; you can get the app to download from the DJI site by clicking on the Go App link, then clicking the 'get it on google play' button. But, make sure you're not using Chrome Browser, or it will divert thru to the Play App and tell you your device isn't compatible. After 3 attempts, I tried the alternate browser installed (UC - The squirel icon
smile.gif
) and this time it started downloading the app fine, installed and is working perfectly.
The Tab is 4.4.2 with a quad core 1.3 processor and seems to run it fine. And you can synchronise all your flight data using the small cloud symbol top right.
Cheers
Ian

Thanks Ian got one yesterday and took it back because I had the same problem will get it back today. Thanks again.

Great; yeah, it's a shame it says it's incompatible when it's fine..... hope you get it running fine.... Just don't use the Play Store and don't use Chrome....

Like I said, it may take a couple of goes. You're waiting for that little arrow showing you're downloading the Go.apk; then install and you're good to go....

Cheers
Ian

Like I said, it may take a couple of goes. You're waiting for that little arrow showing you're downloading the Go.apk; then install and you're good to go....

Cheers
Ian
Great I have it installed and opens fine, just charging the p3p now to test. Loaded first go the lenovo is not the fastest on wifi. Will update here after testing. Thanks I sooo wanted this to work. Didn't really want to use my samsung tablet 10.1. Is a bit large and too expensive to drop.

Just tested on the bird and it all works fine thanks Ian you saved me some headaches and dosh.

Last edited:
Lenovo TAB 2 A10-30 (10.1 Inch Screen)

I have a purchased a Lenovo TB2-X30F, 1.0gb Ram, Qaulcom APQB009 1.3Ghz Qaud Core Processor, 1280 x 800 Display Resolution, Andoid 6.0.1.

DJI Go 4 App. V4.0.7 (257-gpTablet).

No other Apps installed on the Tablet other than what is shipped be default with the Tablet.

DJI App Starts and Connects Successfully. The Video Feed hangs after starting to record and then moving the gimbal.

I am not sure why. it does it but I suspect it is a lack of memory. 1GB is pretty small.

It is a shame as the model Lenovo above is a nice tablet and inexpensive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl