Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cheap Lenovo tablet. Anyone tried DJI Go app on it?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by evman, Sep 9, 2015.

1. evman

I came across the Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10 Tablet: TAB 2 A7-10 | One of Our Best Tablets Under $100 | Lenovo US

They are selling for $97 here in Australia - bargain. Specs seems good A7 processor and GPS, Android 4.4

Has anyone tried one with the Go app yet? I'm tempted to buy one if anyone thinks it has a good chance.

2. Russ

Yes I have had one for a few weeks now and it works fine.

3. evman

excellent, thanks!

4. StoQ

Really without any freze and any problem with that cheap tablet

5. evman

6. Neverpanik

Hello Evman !
    I use this tablet Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10 (found at approx 65$ in France, with a special offer) with my P3P and have absolutly no problem and no lags.

The new firmware and new DjiGo app are well installed since monday, and everything seems to be ok.

As with others tablets, just dont forget to kill as many apps as possible before using DjiGo, to be sure that most part of your tablet's CPU is used by DjiGo.

Enjoy !

7. evman

well I went out and bought one today. Running Android 5 and the latest DJI go app, seems to work well. The screen isn't super hi res, but being bigger than my iPhone I think it's easier to see. For what it cost it's plenty good for framing shots and keeping track of drone.

The only problem I had was crappy signal, I think because my phone (now in my pocket) had wi-fi and bluetooth on. According to healthy drones it became bad a few times and dropped out. It was about 500m away at 288m altitude after being a good signal, then would go back into a good signal a few seconds later. Interference? This is the furthest I flown so far, should I get better than this?

#7 evman, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  8. evman

Here is a shot taken while running with the lenovo at night.
    Streets below

9. Viejoperro

Hello, thank to your post I went out as well and got one of this levono tab 2 for 70 box. Looks good so far, haven't fly with it yet. Are you running the latest android 5 version?, any special settings to use it?, I see there is no sim on the help menu?, thanks

10. evman

yep upgraded to android 5. Nothing special to do, just turn off your wifi when flying. Only iOS has the simulator.

11. Viejoperro

Thank you Evman, this was a good tip

12. evman

Some feedback with my experiences. Generally the Lenovo works fine. The main issue I'm having is with the android app. Every flight results in it disconnecting and the app restarting itself. I can still control the phantom with the controller, but the app won't connect. Unplugging the usb and quitting the app sometimes brings it back online. I don't think this is an issue with the tablet, but with the Android app as others have the same issue it seems. Sadly this means it can't be trusted. With my iPhone I never have any issues, so if I'm going to be going far enough away that it's hard to see the phantom, iPhone it is.

13. evman

I've updated to version 2.2.0 of the DJI go app, and it's running perfect now. do crashes. I'm even running the latest version of google play services without any issue. Seems the Android app is now usable. The only let down is the screen on the lenovo is useless in bright sunlight, so I might look at getting a tablet with a better screen.

14. Russ

15. Viejoperro

Mine is working fine too, some small video lag do, I fly and stay under a shadow and have no mayor problems

16. TheAwesomeGuy

Any news about this? Issues? Performance? the app has been updated, i'm just wondering if you guys can tell me about the recent update and how it perform? planning to buy this one this month for DJI P3P :):):):):):)

17. Viejoperro

Hi, many flight with it, GO 2.3, Fw 1.4.0010, no problems at all, I do have some minor lag, noting to worrie about. Good tablet, I do find the 7 inch screen little small but still ok, brightness is good but in direct sun light difficult to see like all other tablets, even iPad, have to stay under a shadow. Maybe you could try an 8 inch one same brand and characteristics????

Cheers

18. TheAwesomeGuy

Thanks man for you rely :D, Gonna Buy it today hahaha... about the screen 7 inches is fine with me, if i have an extra money i would just upgrade the module and buy a HDMI module so that i can hook it up to a 17 or 20 inch monitor for FPV hahaha :D Will try DBS mods soon.

Cheers

19. Viejoperro

Good enough, you do have to set it up do,
    Enable usb debugger, maybe roll back google play services, close all app before go, set wifi off and cache map before. Try to delete app you will never use, and you will be fine

20. TheAwesomeGuy

Yes Will do, I will post updates here if i've encounter some problem, Thanks again

Cheers