Charger

Reaction score
So I recently misplaced my charger for the 3 Standard and I was wondering if someone with a different model charger, would be capable with my battery?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

A common LiPo charger with HV LiPo mode will charge the P3 battery's with suitable adaptor.

I use these two chargers regularly :

SkyRC B6 mini LiPo charger

Accucel 6 80W LiPo charger.

EBay has plenty of adaptor leads for the battery.

Settings on either of the above ....

LiHV
Charge only mode
5.0A
15.2V (4S)

Switch on battery to allow charger power to the cells.

...... the battery will itself terminate the charge and charger will display Charger Connect Error once full. This is because the Battery control board shuts of connection once full charged.

There are a number of advantages of using such a charger instead of DJI provided power supply.

1. You can control directly the max amp rate.
2. The charger displays the amount of mAh charge put into the battery.
3. It displays the real voltage of the battery.
4. If the battery or its control board fails in any way - the charger will detect and shut off giving extra safety.

The above chargers can also be used as 'meters' to tell you the total voltage and iR of the battery instead of just using 4 LED's on front panel.
There is also another advantage .... the above chargers can be powered by your car 12v socket and are cheaper to buy than the DJI power supply.... and they can charge all your other rechargeable batterys !!

Nigel

Last edited:
My P3P charger also was misplaced, and now i'm looking to invest in one of the suggested alternative LIPO chargers: SkyRC B6 mini LiPo charger

as I'm from South Africa, we don't have maybe RC stores that will supply me with the adaptor leads for the battery and remote.

for the battery, i'm sure i can figure something out.
For the remote connector, I will probably have to go to electronics store. Looks like a standard DC charger connector. But just thicker in the middle.

Is there a standard size / code for these connectors for the remote?

eBay has the adaptor lead already made up.

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus