Changing phantom 4 camera?

Reaction score
Hi team,

Does anyone know if you can change the P4 camera for NDVI optioned camera? Have purchased P4 and it is awesome but want to upgrade to new camera like Senterra upgrades?
Cheers,
Wazari

Hi team,

Does anyone know if you can change the P4 camera for NDVI optioned camera? Have purchased P4 and it is awesome but want to upgrade to new camera like Senterra upgrades?
Cheers,
Wazari
It says here that it is compatible with the Phantom 4:
DJI NDVI Upgrade

You can not change the P4 camera like you can with the P3.

Thanks team. Have seen the Senterra option but I need to send it half way around the world to get the upgrade or buy a new phantom? Have asked if it something that can be diy? No reply yet....

Thanks team. Have seen the Senterra option but I need to send it half way around the world to get the upgrade or buy a new phantom? Have asked if it something that can be diy? No reply yet....

Nearly everything can be DIY with the proper knowledge and tools. Oh, and money to correct mistakes.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
I would let them install it, do you have a farm? Use the Phantom you have for practice and buy one from them and use that with the camera for your crop purposes.

Yeah, I was thinking of buying a modified one and selling the one I have now. The costly mistakes if I installed it may be roomy have to bear. I was hoping it may be simpler like the phantom 3.

Thanks all. I think i will go down the path of the converted P3 and sell the P4. Cheers for your thoughts

Have you looked at the Parrot Sequoia? 4 cameras 16mb camera & about half the price of the Sentera Quad.

Have seen the sequoia but thought it was $3500? Thought this is about the same price?
There is then the issue of mounting? Can the P4 be modified?

The sequoia is a quad camera which appears to be the same price as the single camera you are looking at. It is about half the price of the quad camera by the same maker as the single you are looking at.

The issue is still what platform to mount on. The P4 doesn't seem to be modifiable. The solo seems better for this but you lose on some of the cool P4 features. The converted P3 seems better priced? I like the thought of the sequoia but...

Agree, I have a P4 & keep trying to work out whether I could some how make the sequoia fit. At the moment thinking whether if I disable the object avoidance it would fit behind the P4's camera with sun monitor on top.

Problem is the centre of gravity. By changing this it changes handling and makes some motors work much harder. Hence less duration. Sequoia is the best way to go though. Any other ideas

Agree, but that is how Senterra have done it, just added a camera to the back, I was going underneath to try to get nearer the centre of gravity so it wouldn't strain 1 motor more than the others.
If money was no object my ideal at the moment would have to be Matrice 600 with D-RTK with Lightbridge, a camera & Sequioa or Matrice 100 with extra battery, camera & Sequioa. Think the 600 has the edge due to RTK & being a hexacoptor the ability for a motor failure but at the moment I can't justify either so looking for a cheaper option.

Yeah, i reckon that would be a cool rig. The hexacopter would eb good for risk mitigation lf motor failure. Price point is quite high though. If you come up with a way to mount the Sequoia underneath let me know.

Only trouble is the Sequioa is twice the price of a P4 & don't know if I can justify that expense on something that might not work. Am in the UK & going to Cereals 2016 in a couple of weeks where there is a Drone area so hopefully will get a look at the Sequioa. Will let you know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl