Changing phantom 4 camera?

Only trouble is the Sequioa is twice the price of a P4 & don't know if I can justify that expense on something that might not work. Am in the UK & going to Cereals 2016 in a couple of weeks where there is a Drone area so hopefully will get a look at the Sequioa. Will let you know.

Hi,
Did you end up finding out id a sequioa camera can be mounted on a phantom 4. Im in the same situation. I like the extra features of the 4 and would like to mount a camera on it rather than buying a phantom 3.

The Sequioa is only just out for general release. It seems that you could fit a Sequioa to a P4, don't know the trigger mechanism, but no one has done it yet. These guys have fitted something similar but at nearly twice the money so should be possible.
Sentera - Drones + Software to Make Sense of it All.
The problem with the Sequioa is fitting the light sensor as putting it on top of a Phantom it can then interfere with the Phantoms GPS. My idea is to use gimble guard mountings but get some strips of carbon fibre to take the sensor out beyond the shade of the props & the camera half the distance of the light sensor ( as it weighs twice as heavy) the opposite direction, this should balance & so put equal strain on the motors.

Thanks, those are some good ideas.
Be sure to post some pics if you go that way. Trouble is it's an expensive camera to have sitting out front without much protection.

No, havent found a solution yet. Not for P4 anyway. The Senterra setup seems the go or another drone like the Solo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic