Cases for Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hey all, not new to DJI but am waiting for my P4 to get here. Does anyone know of any good either hardshell or backpack cases they use for their P4? side note: can you believe the company doesn't offer expedited service?! DJI sucks big time!

Could a Phantom 4 fit in my P3P soft shell case?

Last edited:
Check out my list of commonly used cases/backpacks here.

Reactions: Dinerve and Horton
I just got one of those, couldn't be happier. Didn't want to go overboard as I mainly drop it in the car and walk short to medium distances and find it quite comfortable. Obviously not so sure about long treks but not my thing (yet) but the back is nicely padded and shoulder straps as well.

It's well made, seems durable enough and holds a fair bit of space thanks to the added compartment for batteries and front pouch for tablets and side pockets and at this price, it's a lot better than similar nylon housing for the original box.

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Quad...01J7UN1G8/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Check out my list of commonly used cases/backpacks here.

@msinger you might want to add it to your list as it's quite original for a styrofoam backpack.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Horton
I wish they made the Phantom 3 backpack for the Phantom 4. I think that packed offered nice semi-hard shell protection.

I tried the DJI Multifunction Back Pack but IMO, the hard-side of the pack is where the Landing Gear rests. I think it should be over the motors. I've seen people put it in the case, inverted but it wasn't made to fit that way. I like that its compact but it might be too compact...

I wound up with the LowePro 450 Droneguard. IMO, this is nice as the P4 sits low enough the motors aren't in contact with the case. It has plenty of room for everything you need to carry and then some. But on the downside, its huge. If you only need to carry the P4 basics, its almost too big. But IMO, for an off-the-shelf solution it was the best for me...

Reactions: Dinerve
I use the styrofoam case the Phantom comes with inside a 5.11 Rush 72 backpack. I have seen this bag (and others like it) made with custom foam, but they do not IMO have any decent protection over the drone to protect the motors, just a layer of foam. I wanted to be able to shove it in an overhead bin, etc without worry that some tool will muck up something jamming his jacket or cane up over my bag. The styrofoam case survives UPS/USPS so it seems good enough. And it fits in the Rush72 just fine with lots of room to spare.

My Layout:
Have the styrofoam case (containing phantom, remote, cables, props and spares, and factory battery charger.) in the main pocket.
Then outside the styrofoam but still in the main pocket I have a fireproof bag with 7 batteries, a 3 battery+remote charger, and the base station antenna setup for my tracker.
The bottom outer pocket has my tablet, sunshade, spare cables, a 28,000 mAH portable charger, and some stuff like gum, chapstick, headache meds, pad/pen, tissues, lens cleaner, handwipes, etc.
Top felt pocket has my sunglasses.
Front top pocket has my SD card wallet, registration ID printout, spare reg-ID stickers, and several pages of FAA regulations (to show unaware people/officers if need be).
One side pocket has my 40oz HydroFlask (insulated water bottle)
Other side pocket has tools. Multihead screwdriver, Leatherman Surge, Flashlights, etc.
15in macbook and charger fit in the rear pocket if I am taking them.
and there is still room to shove in more stuff.

I have a black one that I use for normal travel, but got tired of packing an unpacking depending on trip, so I have bought another in Double-Tap color as a dedicated drone bag. I really like the Double-Tap color. Well worth the $155 w/ free prime ship from Amazon.
Bug Out Bag RUSH 72 Hour Backpack | Official 5.11 Site

Sorry, can't post a pic at the moment cause the case/drone is with DJI cause the camera/gimble/card reader system just stopped working on my 6 week old P4.

Reactions: Horton
I have this one and find it easy to pack and transport. I would recommend with any back pack that you use motor covers.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wish they made the Phantom 3 backpack for the Phantom 4. I think that packed offered nice semi-hard shell protection.

I tried the DJI Multifunction Back Pack but IMO, the hard-side of the pack is where the Landing Gear rests. I think it should be over the motors. I've seen people put it in the case, inverted but it wasn't made to fit that way. I like that its compact but it might be too compact...

I wound up with the LowePro 450 Droneguard. IMO, this is nice as the P4 sits low enough the motors aren't in contact with the case. It has plenty of room for everything you need to carry and then some. But on the downside, its huge. If you only need to carry the P4 basics, its almost too big. But IMO, for an off-the-shelf solution it was the best for me...

Im leaning towards this: MANFROTTO DRONE BACKPACK MB-BP-D1

I got this for £30 a few weeks ago. Even now still a good price and it's hard shell
7f000f08c05daf861e70f3a994cc93fc.jpg
8471af876b2abc3d99aba3ccf716ff6a.jpg
too

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen