Carbon Fiber Reinforced Props

Brother, I would LOVE some first hand knowledge! I have almost ordered these things for my P2V+ V3 on about five different occasions. I'm just a bit gun-shy knowing what I do about CF produced parts vs. "reinforced" parts.

I would be highly interested in knowing their weight and, if you're able, their balance. I have the scale and balancing ability, so before I make that purchase, I'd just like to know from first hand experience what you you think of them.

Flight wise, I would expect a much more stable and responsive bird. However, if they're significantly heavier, it would place more of a load on the motors which would result in less flight time and less motor life.

I look forward to your experience with some real, outright data. So many posts here just say, "They're lighter because I said so and with them, I fly longer because I said so!"

Just looking forward to some true, unaltered data man.

I absolutely understand. I will not be able to check the balance for you, but I can definitely get the weight and then update this thread. I suspect that DJI has updated this part from when they first released them, but that is simple speculation. Give me a day or two and I will get these weighed so you can see it.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
I absolutely understand. I will not be able to check the balance for you, but I can definitely get the weight and then update this thread. I suspect that DJI has updated this part from when they first released them, but that is simple speculation. Give me a day or two and I will get these weighed so you can see it.

Thank you! Looking forward to direct, firsthand data before I spend my hard earned money on some myself! ;)

Reactions: PhantomJAK
Check this guys video that I found. He even shows them being weighed. I think they might have update them or something. A lot of the people that had problems with them were over a month ago it seems like. And then this one took 4 weeks to get to me, so maybe they had to update the product? Just a thought

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This guy is so hard to watch. I'm not a violent person but I want to hit him. Haha

Reactions: Daninho
Very intrigued to see how this turns out cause black and yellow props would be too perfect for this Steelers fan!

PhantomJAK,

Thanks for your time in reviewing these and answering questions. I also like your video about the DBS Mods antenna for your Phantom 3. Keep up the good work!

Scott

Very intrigued to see how this turns out cause black and yellow props would be too perfect for this Steelers fan!

Will have the video up today discussing the actual weights of these props. I will even measure the thickness and length, the see if they are the same overall dimensions of the factory white props. Stand by!

I want to preemptively thank you for your time and effort.

I know in the one video, they were slightly lighter. Seeing a second video and knowing if the dimensions are close will only go to further the knowledge about them. Also, having a second source of information is something I really like to have before making a decision. Also looking forward to hearing your impressions on flight characteristics with these props!

Thank you! Looking forward to direct, firsthand data before I spend my hard earned money on some myself! ;)

I've been using these 9450 black carbon fiber props for a couple weeks now and they're great! I'd have to say they're quietier also but that may be my imagination,or my old props may have been a bit off. No problems at all either coming straight up/down or whatever. Totally worth the purchase, although it would be tough for me to say they actually perform better without more prop switching back and forth.

PhantomJAK, I fly these props commercially and have found them more stable in high wind. The badass look is a bonus, my business colours are black/yellow so I'm stoked. Thanks for your post, ppl should not flame on an opinion

Hehehe,

I used to be a prop hobbiest with my Phantoms. I tried different shapes, sizes, materials, and even three bladed ones. Truth be told, I really hated the stock floppy 9443 plastic ones, and settled on 9443 carbon fiber re-enforced ones. Especially at higher elevations their performance was far superior than stock.

When DJI introduced the Phantom 2 V3, they came out with the 9450 Thrust Boosted propellers which are the same (except the hub material) as the stock ones that come on P3.

The stock 9450 propellers are the ones for me. I use them on both my Phantoms because they are quiet, well balanced, and very efficient.

I know how interesting trying different propellers can be; it's a hobby in a hobby! A few words of caution when using the carbon fiber re-enforced ones, they are very sharp, brittle, and should be replaced after any crash or tip over. They usually break on one side of the hub which can send your bird down, and shrapnel quite a distance. And, like any other prop, they need to be checked for balance.

Have fun, and let us know how they work out for you!

Reactions: S.W. Phantom Pilot
I want to preemptively thank you for your time and effort.

I know in the one video, they were slightly lighter. Seeing a second video and knowing if the dimensions are close will only go to further the knowledge about them. Also, having a second source of information is something I really like to have before making a decision. Also looking forward to hearing your impressions on flight characteristics with these props!

Ok guys, here is my video talking about the weight of these props. I determined that they are about 1 gram lighter per prop. This isn't a huge difference, but they are definitely lighter. They certainly felt a lot lighter than that when I first opened the package. Overall, these props are the same exact length, but they are a bit thinner. I couldn't get it on video clearly, but there is a difference in thickness. Stay tuned for more videos with the performance of these things.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438553982.101214.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438554008.232661.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438554027.235145.jpg

Reactions: Fplvert
Where can I find the white tip ones?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member