Capitola. Video filmed with P2 and H3-3D.

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this here. :) Filmed this in two beautiful mornings and put the edit together in a couple days. It's a small beach town I drive by almost every day on my way to the studio.

Enjoy!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N6rTW3StKY[/youtube]

Whoaaa!!! One of the very best I have seen. Showcased that town very well and also did a great job filming and editing.

Have to agree that those are some of the finest shots I've seen with the Phantom. My biggest suggestion would be to post it on Vimeo. Looking forward to more.

Great Video.... Any chance you are the guy that flys the boardwalk during the summer concerts ? Saw one last year and had no idea what it was. Now I want to do the same thing.... with mine

Really outstanding video!

How on earth did you manage fly backwards (FPV?) thru the pier without worrying about hitting something?
(as well as the long opening shot), it's hard enough flying forward without hitting such things!

A very impressive film which took courage to film. Didn't like the music when the distorted guitar came in but the basic track was highly appropriate. Lovely flying. Well done.

PS

I agree with the should be on Vimeo comment.

Clever, very clever flying and shooting.

Never saw you in shot once; And no take off footage... A great refreshing change!

Looks like a nice place to live too!

Very nice.
Great shots.

The opening is pretty ballsy. Where were you standing? Is that you in the first few seconds? I would've been sweating trying to get that. Backwards, the lights, the gate and trees . . . Came out great.

Love the seagull at 1:04 and all the close shots... the palm tree, close water, under pier etc....

Awesome edit. Cool town.

laselvasurf,

I know you said you have the P2 with h3-3d but do you have any other upgrades? What kind of TX are you using?

poostik said:
Very nice.
Great shots.

The opening is pretty ballsy. Where were you standing? Is that you in the first few seconds? I would've been sweating trying to get that. Backwards, the lights, the gate and trees . . . Came out great.

Love the seagull at 1:04 and all the close shots... the palm tree, close water, under pier etc....

Awesome edit. Cool town.

Thanks! As for the opening shot... I was standing right behind/under where I ended the shot. I move around a lot when I film to get the best perspective of the copter vs what I'm filming. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

laselvasurf said:
Thanks! As for the opening shot... I was standing right behind/under where I ended the shot. I move around a lot when I film to get the best perspective of the copter vs what I'm filming. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

That makes a lot of sense. Anytime I fly through tight spaces I have to be oriented in the same direction as the quad or I'm all thrown off. Still . . . that was a long shot. Great flying.

gecarey said:
Great Video.... Any chance you are the guy that flys the boardwalk during the summer concerts ? Saw one last year and had no idea what it was. Now I want to do the same thing.... with mine
I was flying out over the water, during one of the concerts. There was someone else flying over the concerts. The boardwalk doesn't allow you to fly over their property, so it'd be best to keep it out over the water if you do end up flying out there :) They obviously won't arrest you or anything... But, they are quite quick with enforcement and have a massive security staff.

Very nice stuff. Can you share your GoPro capture settings and what if anything in post to remove lens distortion?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl