Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

can't open I-phone application

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by obiwan_pierogi, Feb 16, 2015.

1. obiwan_pierogi

I was having trouble with my I-phone application, so as in the past, I deleted it, and re-downloaded it.. But this time, it asked me to login.. Of course it's been forever, so I forgot the password.. I clicked on the "forgot password?" and all I got was a 404- page doesn't exist.. So I went to the Assistant program on my computer, and after much screwing around, I got a link to change the password.. This came through my e-mail, and I put in a new password, which was accepted.. I went back to the I-phone, and tried to login, but all I get is "request timeout" .. And the application won't open.. I tried deleting the application, and re-downloading it.. still get the "request timeout", and the application won't load... Any ideas?

2. Birdman

I recently had a problem getting "request timeout". After some hair-pulling (which I can ill afford to do) I realized that I didn't have a connection to the internet. Making a good connection solved the problem. Just in case…

Make sure your iPhone wi-fi is connected to the internet and not the Phantom.

3. obiwan_pierogi

No.. That's not a problem.. I even tried disconnecting from the internet, and using the data system directly through the phone.. Still get the stupid "request timeout".. Oddly, if I put in the wrong password, it instantly comes back and tells me so..

4. obiwan_pierogi

I found on another thread where a guy was getting the request timeout.. he said on the email, to type in "dji", and for the password "1234" .. I did that an the application instantly opened.. Could there be a problem associated in using this technique? I tested the picture out, controls etc.. works fine..

5. general01

Be glad it doesn't crash as soon as it's opened
    I now have to roll back to the older version as it crashes before it even shows on the screen

6. crash1sttime

Have you got a backup of your iphone (one of those times when it actually is a useful thing)