Can you use RTH to get good camera shots?

Reaction score
I like to be able to control the camera and not having to control the drone if I am aiming to get really nice shots, I will use orbit or follow me and litchi and stuff but would I be able to fly it far away from where I am (ex. 300-500m) and start return to home to be able to focus on controlling the camera while it returns to the home point, and if the battery gets too low I cancel return to home and fly it back faster?

I like to be able to control the camera and not having to control the drone if I am aiming to get really nice shots, I will use orbit or follow me and litchi and stuff but would I be able to fly it far away from where I am (ex. 300-500m) and start return to home to be able to focus on controlling the camera while it returns to the home point, and if the battery gets too low I cancel return to home and fly it back faster?
In that case I normally use home lock. You are able to steer yet return at altitude until you are over your home point.
RTH is nice but that annoying beeping is for the birds.

You could but I would suggest you use Home Lock instead. The drone will come back to you at the speed you hold down the right joystick and you can control the camera and even the orientation of the drone as it returns to your position.

If you are on an android device get Litchi in the Play store. It costs $20 bucks but is so worth it. It is built for autonomous flight using the camera and video to get the best possible shots. Go to their website and download the manual (easy read) and the you will understand. It is being ported to ios but only waypoints and orbit are finished.
I have been flying Litchi about 6 months and use it most of the time now. Especially when the mission is photography or cinematography. Litchi has now added a new finish action "Reverse" and the ability to change cruising speed while a mission is running. This might do what you are looking for. I run a Samsung Tab S2, WiFi, GPS. Litchi also uses all 32 channels.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl