Can the new DJI goggles be used with the Phantom 3 pro?

Reaction score
Can the new DJI goggles be used with the Phantom 3 pro?
If so, what special equipment do we need?

I call DJI and asked them about the use of the
DJI Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced HDMI Output Module (Pro/Adv) Part 54.
They would not guarantee it would work to connect Phantom 3 pro to the goggles.
Under the question and answer section of dji goggles they state: 4. What devices can be connected with the DJI Googles using the HDMI connector? (answer)
Any device that has an HDMI port.

Has anyone done this?

Yes, I've tried it. Here's what you'll need:
With this setup, the DJI Goggles can only be used as a viewing device. That means you will not be able to use head tracking or access the other features in the goggles that are available when flying with the Mavic or some of DJI's other drones.

You'll see a view like this in the goggles:

FPVGogglesView.jpg

Yes, I've tried it. Here's what you'll need:
With this setup, the DJI Goggles can only be used as a viewing device. That means you will not be able to use head tracking or access the other features in the goggles that are available when flying with the Mavic or some of DJI's other drones.

You'll see a view like this in the goggles:

View attachment 84833
Thank you for the help. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I am ok with the viewing. I do inspections and using a tablet the view is often hindered by glare. Do you get a clear view with goggles? I see you pic. but imagine you snapped a frame while in motion.
Thanks again.

Thank you for the help. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I am ok with the viewing. I do inspections and using a tablet the view is often hindered by glare. Do you get a clear view with goggles? I see you pic. but imagine you snapped a frame while in motion.
Thanks again.
For what its worth. I had the glare issue with my iPad mini..I picked up the Hoodman and no more glare

Do you get a clear view with goggles?
It's as clear as looking at your mobile device screen. The benefits are that the image is larger and the goggles block out nearly all of the light. It's an extra thing you'll need to carry, charge, connect, etc., so it might not be worth it when doing inspections. Also, if you're in the US, you'll need to have a spotter (if you want to fly legally) since they completely block your view of the aircraft.

I see you pic. but imagine you snapped a frame while in motion.
It's not my photo (nor a photo from the DJI Goggles). I just shared it so you can see all of the data that displays on the screen when connected via an HDMI cable.

It's as clear as looking at your mobile device screen. The benefits are that the image is larger and the goggles block out nearly all of the light. It's an extra thing you'll need to carry, charge, connect, etc., so it might not be worth it when doing inspections. Also, if you're in the US, you'll need to have a spotter (if you want to fly legally) since they completely block your view of the aircraft.

It's not my photo (nor a photo from the DJI Goggles). I just shared it so you can see all of the data that displays on the screen when connected via an HDMI cable.

WHOA, how did you get the Goggles to switch to the HDMI input? I purchased the DJI Goggles to go with my Phantom 3 Pro and have yet to succeed. The HDMI output of my upgraded RC drives my HeadPlay goggles just fine. In fact I have even connected them to my 65" big screen with no problem and looks just like the stock photo here. So I know my Phantom 3 Pro controller is outputting a HDMI signal. Problem is there is nothing in the DJI Goggle menu system to select the HDMI source. The goggles don't respond to the HDMI signal, and to reach the "TOOLS" menu selection, you need to be connected to one of the COMPATIBLE DJI drones as listed in the specs to apparently bring up that option. I'm stuck with a $449 boat anchor until I can scrape up enough gold to buy a DJI compatible product.

Thanks for the quick response. The only difference between your setup and mine is the cable and adapter. I used one from a FatShark goggle and went between one end of the FatShark HDMI mini cable and DJI goggles. But I've gone ahead and ordered the adapter you used from Amazon Prime, and we'll see. Can I assume that the presence of a HDMI signal being input to the DJI goggles automatically switches to the HDMI monitor mode since as I indicated there is nothing in the menu that shows this function? If all else fails I'll use my HeadPlay goggles with the Phantom 3 Pro and buy the Mavic Platinum, when back in stock, to use with the DJI goggles.

The menu on my DJI goggles lets you choose HDMI.

Can I assume that the presence of a HDMI signal being input to the DJI goggles automatically switches to the HDMI monitor mode since as I indicated there is nothing in the menu that shows this function?
I think that's a safe assumption. I didn't change any settings in DJI GO and/or the DJI Goggles to get the live video to auto display.

Reactions: Hankster
Adapter should be here later today or tomorrow so hoping that works. However you say the menu has the HDMI option. When I turn my Goggles on, after the glitzy startup my first option is to select the language needed. Next is the choice of aircraft connecting to??? none? the Phantom 3 doesn't appear, but I chose Phantom 4 because of the same HDMI connection being used. Next is the method being used to connect DJI Assistant 2 or Wireless. Launching DJI Assistant 2 on my PC begins with an effort to connect to an Inspire 1?? Dead end no mention of HDMI.

Man do I feel stupid. I went back to the Quick Start Guide to see if I might of missed something. Holy Cow !! I never "Activated" the **** Goggles! I got as far as charging the batteries and when they were charged never went back to see if there was anything else important. Ooops! You know what they say about the person who assumes. I'm that person and now that I've activated my goggles and updated its firmware, I'm set to plug in the Phantom 3 Pro RC controller to the goggles and GO. Thanks msinger for your help I truly appreciate it.

Hallo,
Question,ik have a Phantom 3 professional,and on the controller there is one USB and one micro USB.Can i use the DJI goggle to fly with?or do i have to buy a adaptor? (grts from Belgium)

Before you can use the DJI goggles with the Phantom 3 Pro, you will have to purchase the HDMI Output Module which mounts on the rear of the Phantom 3 Pro's Controller, replacing the module it came with. The module cost around $99 USD and is available here:
Buy HDMI Output Module

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT