Can I install an IOSd mini on my phantom?

Reaction score
I have the original phantom. Its the one that came with the controller that has the sticks that return to center (is that 1.1 or 1.2 - not sure?). I have since installed a Zenmuse H3-2d and a Naza M V2 power adapter. I am using a Hero Black 3+ and also have the fatshark video transmitter mounted on the phantom. I receive video on both a set of dominator goggles and a small LCD monitor with a receiver (at the same time).

So the only gizmo missing is the iOsd mini. Can I purchase one and open up the phantom and install it? Will i need to solder some more connections to get it installed or is it plug-n-pray? I cant remember but i guess i soldered the PMU to the board or maybe i used the power connector (i really cant remember and do not want to open the phantom again until i am ready to install the iosD since things are kinda crammed in there).

Also, does the iosd info show on recorded video or is it only shown on the video receivers (the LCD and the goggles)?

Thanks for any tips!

Use the FPV hub. Plug all the wires into it.
You'll find a tiny little switch in one corner, just make sure it is flipped over to the iosd side or you will get no info.

I don't think the FPV hub will ensure a solder/crimp free solution if you are not on an AVL-58 transmitter.

But you can add the iOSD mini. The CANBus plugs into the PMU-v2, the h3-2d GCU plugs into the iosd, and you will need to splice the signal from the gcu to the fatshark to put the iOsd between the two. It should be pretty straightforward but the wire work needs to be done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl