Camera won't tilt

Reaction score
All of a sudden my camera won't tilt any longer. Seems as though it started around the app update for vision +. I have emailed DJI but have only received an automated response. I have the standard phantom 2 vision. My FPV started freezing up as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Having the same problem - in general I'm now having problems with camera control.

DJI needs to get their software QA team back on their game as this impacts our ability to complete commercial shots, which is a big issue.

runningtheline said:
All of a sudden my camera won't tilt any longer. Seems as though it started around the app update for vision +. I have emailed DJI but have only received an automated response. I have the standard phantom 2 vision. My FPV started freezing up as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check what the preview setting is on in the app, the upgrade appears to be more for the phantom vision + and sets the preview quality at default on too high a setting than the standard vision can run due to its crappy wifi extender. Reduce the preview quality and see if that improves things.

Are you trying to tilt with the app or have you fitted a lever on you're remote?

You should be able to check this out without actually flying it. Without doing anything from the iPhone app, as you tilt the P2V (and you WILL need power on to do this), you should observe the camera trying to maintain the same tilt angle. Then you should be able to change the tilt up and down from the app....all the while seeing the FPV image.

Before I take off, I try to remember to raise the camera angle to as near level as it will go to provide a much more interesting "Take Off" shot....with much of the scene visible as soon as the P2V lifts off... Just FYI...

Do you hear the servo "singing"? Making the buzzing sound just sitting there? Not trying to disrespect, but have you checked the plug on the camera and the power switch?

Have you guys gone into the gimbal page and adjusted the limits and center values? I know I did that when I first put power on the bird on my kitchen table before I ever took it outside. I wanted to make sure the upper and lower software limits didnt drive the servo to or past its hardware limits, but just short of them. That way the servo is never trying to drive the camera at or past its limits. This could cause damage over time from what I understand about servos. The assistant defaults are junk. -1000 upper limit default tried to drive mine way past the upper limit. Nowhere in any of the docs does it tell you how to do this.

I have a similar problem. Third flight with the vision + and I noticed the camera couldn't be tilted. I am using the app to try to tilt the camera. The photo feed works fine. When you turn it on, it will hum and make a move and default to the down position. I can manually move the Phantom and the camera will adjust and move to keep the correct angle. However the angle is in the down position. Any suggestions?

On another note, I've tried to check it out with the Asst. App, but I'm being told no Bluetooth connection can be found.

Thanks guys and gals.

I am using the app to tilt. The green square moves up and down the app but the camera does not move. I called the dealer I purchased it from and they tell me its an app problem that others have contacted them with the same problem. Camera is plugged in an works. I have not checked out the freezing problem since changing the viewing setting.

runningtheline said:
I am using the app to tilt. The green square moves up and down the app but the camera does not move. I called the dealer I purchased it from and they tell me its an app problem that others have contacted them with the same problem. Camera is plugged in an works. I have not checked out the freezing problem since changing the viewing setting.

Have you tried reverting back to the previous version of the software on the phantom or phone?

Jim in MD said:
I have a similar problem. Third flight with the vision + and I noticed the camera couldn't be tilted. I am using the app to try to tilt the camera. The photo feed works fine. When you turn it on, it will hum and make a move and default to the down position. I can manually move the Phantom and the camera will adjust and move to keep the correct angle. However the angle is in the down position. Any suggestions?

On another note, I've tried to check it out with the Asst. App, but I'm being told no Bluetooth connection can be found.

Thanks guys and gals.

You don't have a Bluetooth connection on the phantom vision. Have you tried turning the phantom and the remote control on and app but NOT opening the camera view on the phone and then try adjusting the "pot" on the back of the remote with a screwdriver to see if the camera tilt changes?

Official reply from dji on this issue

1. For v+, make sure your app is the latest. Older version of phone apps can't tilt.

2. For p2v users, if they upgrade to firmware 3.0, they need to upgrade their vision camera to 1.1.9 as well. Other wise, tilt and osd won't work.

brett2006 said:
Official reply from dji on this issue

1. For v+, make sure your app is the latest. Older version of phone apps can't tilt.

2. For p2v users, if they upgrade to firmware 3.0, they need to upgrade their vision camera to 1.1.9 as well. Other wise, tilt and osd won't work.

Brett2006, thanks for the info. I downloaded the most current and it worked. Thanks for checking our posts. Jim in MD

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl