Camera tilt...

Reaction score
New quad pilot here, have about 10 flights under my belt with my new P3A. I took her up yesterday to see what kind of range I had with this bad boy. My hope was to make it about 3.5 miles across marsh to my friends house and back. I expected to lose video before I made it but was hopeful. I set out and made it about 12000 feet before I chickened out. Got it back and still had 60% battery so my balls took over my brain and put the other battery in to go again. I made it! The bird flew flawlessly never dropped video feed or a single bar of RC signal. As soon as I got there it started barking at me to bring it home, I knew I flew into a 7-10mph head wind there so coming home wouldn't be an issue with battery. Landed with 33% left!

I'm amazed at this thing. I can't believe the amount of technology for the price point.

I started videoing about the last two miles coming home after I knew I had enough battery. I said all that to ask why the camera is slightly tilted. Here's the vid, any pointers to fix would be great.

Jeff

Wow that's amazing! I'm rather new to this as well. By tilt are you mentioning the horizon tilt. Just one or two degrees not level. Mine does the same thing. I've read other threads on here of other people having the same problem and that it's an issue with the drone and djis fault. All we can do is just calibrate everything to try to counter it. Imu, gimbal, compass and hope it's not like that. Or send it in if you want.

Correct me if I'm wrong everyone.

Mine tilts the same way.

Again amazing with the flight. I haven't got the guts to try it that far. I've only gone 3,800 feet.

Yes, horizon tilt. It's not off much but you can see it's off a little. I'm not so **** that it's a major deal, if it's fairly normal I'm ok with that.

Horizon tilt is a real problem that has been reported literally countless times across several FW versions. There are two separate issues that I have been able to ascertain from reports.

1. Tilted horizon. This presents as an horizon that is constantly tilted in a similar direction and angle. This can be a mechanical issue or not. Each case is different. If not mechanical, it can be helped sometimes with a level IMU calibration followed by a standard gimbal calibration or a mid air gimbal calibration. It can sometimes also be helped with a gimbal roll adjustment. In prior FW versions, the gimbal roll adjustment value was volatile, meaning it would not remain set if you restarted your Phantom. The latest FW versions have changed this setting to be non-volatile, so once you set it the value will remain set.

2. Drifting horizon. This presents as a horizon that varies as you yaw. It will be level in one direction, slowly tilt one way, return to level, slowly tilt the other direction, then level again. It may also show as perfectly level to begin a flight, only to slowly drift out of level throughout the flight. Doing a level IMU and gimbal calibration may often give false hope as the horizon may appear to be level for a while, and then suddenly begin to drift out of level. Some people have been helped with this issue with each FW update, but many have not. From what I have read, this issue has been known to occur on the Inspire as well.

Reactions: JoBe and gfredrone
I've experienced both one and two. Because of number two it makes it hard to adjust the roll. I've just learned to deal with it. A lot of times it doesn't affect my shot because I'm trying to do something dynamic anyway and the other times it does I just bump in 4% in post and it takes care of it. 4% on a 4K image is fine, especially if it's going to a 1080p export.

I have tried everything, or at least I think I have. From reinstalling FW, uninstalling the app, gimbal cal, not even gimbal roll will fix mine. I am going to send it in to get it repaired.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl