Camera delay time

Reaction score
Ok....I'm a relative newbie ........so I have ben flying little less than 2 months....this afternoon while practicing, I noticed the cell phone display was showing a lot more latency than before. (first time I had ever had this happen) It had been usually about 1-2 sec max.....all of a sudden on a following flight it was like 15sec or more even though I had full strength wireless signal....The quad was operating and responding great I had at least 8-9 satellites, just a long delay in the display.

So I landed, checked everything out and then the display seemed to be responding correctly...flew again and experienced that same problem. This time I landed, and did a compass calibration. Afterwards everything was fine.
I have read different discussions here on when to do a compass calibration. One person says only when you move your location a hundred miles or more and then others say they do it every time. Then one person on here says that calibrating it all the time is actually a BAD thing.
I had only been doing mine when I moved location about 50 miles or more.

Anyway, it seems to have taken care of my problem this time but I was under the impression that the GPS or compass calibration would have nothing to do with the latency in the display... Anyone else experience anything like this? Any Ideas? I'll find out in the next couple days to see if this problem has disappeared.

From an analytic point of view, the fact that you had a problem on 2 flights, then performed a procedure, then did not have the problem on the 3rd flight, falls short of proving that the procedure corrected the problem. It could simply be a coincidence. Drawing a conclusion would require significantly more evidence.

snsproaudiovisual said:
Ok....I'm a relative newbie ........so I have ben flying little less than 2 months....this afternoon while practicing, I noticed the cell phone display was showing a lot more latency than before. (first time I had ever had this happen) It had been usually about 1-2 sec max.....all of a sudden on a following flight it was like 15sec or more even though I had full strength wireless signal....The quad was operating and responding great I had at least 8-9 satellites, just a long delay in the display.

So I landed, checked everything out and then the display seemed to be responding correctly...flew again and experienced that same problem. This time I landed, and did a compass calibration. Afterwards everything was fine.
I have read different discussions here on when to do a compass calibration. One person says only when you move your location a hundred miles or more and then others say they do it every time. Then one person on here says that calibrating it all the time is actually a BAD thing.
I had only been doing mine when I moved location about 50 miles or more.

Anyway, it seems to have taken care of my problem this time but I was under the impression that the GPS or compass calibration would have nothing to do with the latency in the display... Anyone else experience anything like this? Any Ideas? I'll find out in the next couple days to see if this problem has disappeared.

A lot of the delays can be attributed to your SD card.
It is HIGHLY recommended that you use a class 10 SD card. Are you currently using one?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl