CALL FROM THE FAA

we have a mole among us
People suck!!
I still think they should go after stupid REALLY endangering people or property but not some weekend flyer trying to impress his wife/girfriend with some cool video.
Their rule should be simple, you screw up badly you are to pay the price.
I believe most people signing to FAA or AMA have more sense not to fly stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: riverphantom3
You google the number and you come up with the name of the Greensboro, NC FAA employee who has that number. While it is possible to spoof caller id, I don't think some jealous competitor would have the equipment to do that (and it is a federal crime)

The number was 336 369 3972 the FAA

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app
This number refers back to the Greensboro, NC FSDO with a person's name. Unless somebody is doxxing the OP, it sounds like a legit call.

Just because the FAA has not cold called people in the past doesn't mean that they are not trying out new ways to deal with the pestilence that is UAV operators. They have never had to deal with thousands of non pilots before. It is perfectly reasonable to call somebody and tell them of a potential infraction in hopes of just stopping the behavior before it escalates.

Brave New World.

One thing that all of these phone calls seem to have in common is that it was very easy to find contact info and names of those who were called... Otherwise they would need warrants to track you down--and that would never happen.

Right?
But people sure are taking a chance. Impersonating a Federal Agent or Agency is probably a serious hand smack

Just look at what happened to Bozo

Iron Maiden's plane collides with truck - CNN.com

And where the hell is FAA???!!! Oh yeah people could have died but as long the car is touching ground its ok. What if it jumped on a bump I would consider it airborne and not registered :-(
Stupidity at its best LOL

Car v. airplane - 1
"drone" v. airplane - 0

Well, it was in Chile! Have you seen their tour itinerary - minimal time and locations in an area the FAA is over. (No...not bitter at all)

Iron Maiden's plane collides with truck - CNN.com

And where the hell is FAA???!!! Oh yeah people could have died but as long the car is touching ground its ok. What if it jumped on a bump I would consider it airborne and not registered :-(
Stupidity at its best LOL

Car v. airplane - 1
"drone" v. airplane - 0
Last time I checked, the FAA doesn't have much jurisdiction in Chile. (But why the hell does a band need it's own 747?)

Well, it was in Chile! Have you seen their tour itinerary - minimal time and locations in an area the FAA is over. (No...not bitter at all)
Yes, it was abroad. Regardless, same could have happened here. My point FAA would not prevent it at all.
If look at the picture our Phantoms are just a tad larger than human head and mostly plastic. Would not do such a damage as the truck.
My point is we are getting screwed out of the hobby.

Reactions: Sabalon
Reactions: dirkclod and JBG
Simple. Don't fly ilegally, in contravention of the Regs or if you do, don't video it and post the evidence on the internet with your name on it.

Similar....I saw where rapper 50 cent is in deep doo do for declaring bankruptcy then posting video of rolls of bills and stacks of bills surrounding himself.

When authorities asked, he got cute and said it was fake prop money.....so the Secret Service(Treasury)boys showed up asking about the counterfeit money showed on the video........duh.

Hmmm.....Let's see, let me bust an air reg, or commit a crime, video that, then post it for all to see on youtube then ***** about the Authorities coming after me...........
He said it was the FAA that called and realized he had a real estate sale number visible in his video and took the video down as asked... Good on him for his maturity.

Reactions: Sabalon
The FAA doesn't say you can't post videos on Youtube at all.
As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, that's not true at all.
This is one of those internet myths that just won't die - because believing it is more exciting than the boring truth.
And people love spreading exciting things than checking facts.
For a start look at the date on the example you posted ... it's a year old.
Here's an explanation of the real stiuation: Really glad I didn't spend more money on drones

the websites we load videos on will sell advertising on the page. So in the twisted view of the FAA, we are commercial because someone is making money on advertisements. But if you had pictures from a plane then it is cool. imo, it is stupid and has zero to do with safety. Which is what the FAA should be limited to. Safety.

ROFLMFAO, man some people are a real hoot here.

Guess what folks, in the papers a couple days ago now the gubnerment admitted they've flown drones inside the USA's borders, if you swallowed the line about it being for weather emergencies & whatnot heck I've got some great land down in FL for ya. Dont mind the snakes, crocs & water 350 days a year. :rolleyes:

And just within the past 2 weeks or so a mid eastern located state police admitted they used Stingray and/or Hailstorm to monitor peoples cell phones. They "claim" it was all in dealing with drug dealers or some such line but yet they didnt bust any drug dealers during the time. It has been used to watch over both gatherings of peaceful peoples and them anonymous folks on Guy Fawkes day among other times.

River, I wish you the best, personally I would have just marked those vids private or hidden them, at worst I'd remove them but retained a copy to repost if need be. At 14 you sure dont need any future hassles with the government, they can be quite messy.
Good luck to you.

Call your senators and reps or send letter to them. Sounds like if this is really FAA, they are out of bounds by asking you to remove them without proof of commercial venture. Just the appearance of looking commercial is BS. I doubt you will get a letter. Or be proactive and call your local POC for FAA and have them verify that they contacted you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z