Really glad I didn't spend more money on drones

Reaction score
I thought it would be a bad idea to spend a lot of money on something with an uncertain future.

Turns out my foresight was right.... What is the sense of having a camera drone if you can't share your pictures and video?

There is always Vimeo, but A. it cost money to post anything worth while, and B. It doesn't get the viewers youtube does.

This an example of an over reaching, stiffing government..

http://wtop.com/consumer-tech/2015/03/faa-dont-post-drone-videos-on-youtube/

No prob for me.

I don't post any other personal photos or vids to the internet.

Why is YT posting so important to you?

And if so why those then that illustrate violation of current guidelines?

Last edited:
Reactions: robsquad
It will get a lot better real soon.
Wait until all the moms and dads that are working for the government have kids with a drone.

All of a sudden it will be easy to fly almost anywhere except at night. I just never see a hobby drone night flight official authorization happening.

I thought it would be a bad idea to spend a lot of money on something with an uncertain future.
Turns out my foresight was right.... What is the sense of having a camera drone if you can't share your pictures and video?
This an example of an over reaching, stiffing government..
No .. you are almost a year out of date and your premise is invalid.
What you quoted is a year old now and when current it was an example of one FAA official going further than he should have.
The FAA corrected that with an official policy release in early April 2015. https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Notice/N_8900.292.pdf
Look particularly at Point 7 which says ...
Inspectors have no authority to direct or suggest that electronic media posted on the Internet must be removed.
Note: Electronic media posted on a video Web site does not automatically constitute a commercial operation or commercial purpose, or other non-hobby or non-recreational use.

No .. you are almost a year out of date and your premise is invalid.
What you quoted is a year old now and when current it was an example of one FAA official going further than he should have.
The FAA corrected that with an official policy release in early April 2015. https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Notice/N_8900.292.pdf
Look particularly at Point 7 which says ...
Inspectors have no authority to direct or suggest that electronic media posted on the Internet must be removed.
Note: Electronic media posted on a video Web site does not automatically constitute a commercial operation or commercial purpose, or other non-hobby or non-recreational use.

Interesting. Then why are the FAA calling people and telling them to remove videos from youtube?

As Meta said, this is old news. The FAA shouldn't be telling anyone to take their videos down. It's your first amendmant right. And they know it. The other thread is the only exception I've heard of in the past year. Your videos and photos are fine.

In fact, if someone comes to you and asks to buy them, that's OK too. As long as your flight was intended just for fun or to make your own personal video, it doesn't matter what you do with it.

Reactions: shorttimer
As Meta said, this is old news. The FAA shouldn't be telling anyone to take their videos down. It's your first amendmant right. And they know it. .

YET,THEY ARE!!!

Read the other post. Watch the videos. The FAA shouldn't have enacted that law without 30-60 days public comment, yet they did. The FAA shouldn't have enacted the rule period, as congress(the group responsible for making laws, not the president, or any other government agency) passed a law preventing them from doing this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav