Calibration of p3p

There have been more than enough tales of calibrate-every-time flyers getting a bad calibration that has caused grief.

There is that. It really boils down to checking the compass data. If its good, no need to calibrate. If you calibrate every flight, check the compass data before you fly.

There have been more than enough tales of calibrate-every-time flyers getting a bad calibration that has caused grief.

Read this to get an understanding of what compass calibration is all about:
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/compass-calibration-a-complete-primer.32829
I completely agree.. The key is LOOKING at the compass MOD data and determining from there if the current calibrations is good. No matter if its been 50 flights, or 30 seconds, since your last calibration. The calibration its self isnt important, its the validity of the data that come after it.

Reactions: Dronason
You should be away from all metal and anything that could affect the compass. Don't set it on concrete-- as most of that is reinforce with wire or rebar-- don't set it on or near your car or vehicle-- the field doesn't have to be big. You will receive a compass error if you are near metal.. so if it calibrates, you should be good to go.
I used to take off from the bed of my truck with my P2V with no issues. The P3P is different in that it's a whole lot more sensitive. I'd get a calibration error, then calibrate. All was well and then I'd go back to launch from my truck and get the error. Took a few times before I went "Duh!"

Sent from my PT beating heart

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl