Calibrate Transmitter Help Please

Tx hooks to RC ASSISTANT
bird hooks to PC ASSISTANT

the software should open without Tx or bird turned on, then when you turn Tx on, it should link, and the setting/level bars should go green, and lights on bottom left of screen should be blinking. ( same with bird to PC assistant ) now PC assistant only hooks to bird ( USB ) Tx transfer telemetry to assistant through wireless link to bird.

Maybe you have a different version than me? Or newer windows on your Pc.

They might call both Tx and Bird ( MC ) as it means main controller.

Let me know, I'll be on and off for a while yet.
Getting kids fed, homework done, and baths.... lol

J Dot
:cool:

OK.. Everything makes sense. I hooked the TX to RC assist,it's powered on, I can choose either mode 1 or mode 2 & yes we all use mode 2.. The screen to the left will change with all the info.. but no blinking lights(blue&red) bottom left.. & the cali button don't do nothing, it ACT'S like it want's to go, it doe's a little glow shall we say.. & go's right off.. Yes I should be able to open RC program, plug in TX & hit CALI.. but no go......
I tried binding & got fast yellow.. I'm sure I've got the driver & all..
I'm done for the night.. I thank ya again.. I'll get it..

Last edited:
when you plug in the bird do you hear windows go ba donk, the noise that says a USB device has been connected, to check go into device manager and look under ports, you should see one called DJI and a port number.

Yep.. It'll make the USB sound plugging in & Out..I can click on mode 1 circle or mode 2 circle. in the RC assistant.
But the calibration button does no thing...& the red & blue lights do not blink in the lower corner..
every time I try I'm just expecting the stick cursers to move around maybe this time.. but aahhhh nope..
I've seen the you tube vid on hard re set for the TX using just the TX only..But I've not tried it yet..
Maybe I should.. I plane on driving it to tech service tomorrow..

OK.. update? I still wasn't able to sync with RC assistant.. But.. I hooked up bird again with Phantom assistant & I'm able to get a complete calibration & finish.. all good.. I've got rid of the "Calibrate TX" error on my flight device(i-Pod).. I get steady green flashing arm lights.. I do the compass dance outside & all is good, device say's ready to fly.. Pull the sticks to idle up motors & they wont start.. I've no props on, if it makes any difference..
The camera is working & looks to be all system's go.. now what?

If your LEFT stick has decent lock, pull the stick past the lock
Left stick, all the way bottom right
Right stick, all the way bottom left
Or better known as CSC , if you don't get left stick past the lock, it won't work.

Props make no difference. On or off.

Let us know, also try to delete RC ASSISTANT, and then reinstall. If still no, your USB on Tx might be bad?

J Dot
:cool:

Good News...... I hooked bird again to Phantom assistant, calibrated all sticks..& X1 . changed one from REV? to NORM Performed ADVANCE IMU calibration twice & now I'm able to spin/start motors in CSC mode.........
Test Flight Tomorrow.. I've deleted & re installed RC assist a dozen times so not sure what's up with that still..
It does say I've got latest updates etc, just can't calibrate sticks, cali button don't do anything..
feeling pretty good now after three days of this..Can't wait for testing tomorrow..
Man I appreciate you being there J dot.. too much for this ole boy. I'll let ya know....
oh yeah, usb on TX is good cause I can charge it..?
Steve

It Fly's again............... Took it about 10 foot up & right back down again... Toooooo Windy...
But it fly's...

Reactions: J Dot

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT