Calibrate Transmitter Help Please

Reaction score
Is the app for RC Transmitter on DJI web site? one of my sticks won't go middle

Yes
RC ASSISTANT
search ( phantom 2 vision downloads ) at DJI.com
Like stated above, you will need the drivers as well, also download PC ASSISTANT.

RC ASSISTANT will calibrate TX
PC ASSISTANT will calibrate Tx to bird, so they work as a team.
DRIVER will allow bird to talk to Pc.

So you will need all 3
Rc assistant
Pc assistant
Phantom vision windows driver.

Hope this helps.
J Dot
:cool:

I don't know if I haven't downloaded the drivers or what but I can't get the sticks to move on the RC Assistant app so I can calibrate them.. Yep it was working fine & I just had to download stuff to see if I could ruin a good thing.. Success...
Not the best with computer stuff, so I'll ask my son to check it out,
All day at this & sick at heart..

Lol,
I hear you.
In the assistant, you'll notice 2 little lights bottom left of screen, these light should be blinking, if connected to Tx.

You did hook it to Pc using USB cable from TX to PC?
Then turn Tx ON, the lights should blink on assistant, if not, you need the driver.

J Dot

Yep.. I've been reading your stuff on helping others with this..
I noticed you said about binding, push the red button on the belly till it turns yellow.. What red button?
thanks for looking in.. I'm not gonna let this beat me.

Yea.. I did.. I must have not downloaded driver..that's enough today, I'll be back After noon tommorow

If nothing else I'll give ya my phone number, you can walk me thru this..
I'd be grateful..

Lol
No problem.

The button is ( if you are looking at FRONT of bird into camera lens ) on left side of phantom twords the rear arm, just behind the side vent, you'll see a tiny hole, inside that hole, is a binding button.

You'll turn on only phantom ( NO TX ) you'll get fast yellow arm flashes, and you'll see the button will be glowing red, press it, with a toothpick or similar, and hold until it turns YELLOW, now simply turn on Tx, the arm lights will go slow yellow or slow green ( if you are in PHANTOM MODE, and not NAZA MODE ) slow yellow ( 5 or less satellites ) slow geeen ( 6 or more satellites ).

Naza mode you will get a different light show.
( modes can be set in PC ASSISTANT )

J Dot

OK, I see it now, If I didn't have to get up at 530 I'd have ya help me knock this out now..
Thanks a lot bro...

J dot .. you out there?
You said I'll need all three..
...........This is whats there...On DJI download section.........
Phantom RC assistant. software v 1.2
Phantom 2 vision+ assistant.. software v 3.6 Is this what you meant by "PC assistant"
DJI win driver installer. Just this one (1) driver ?
& use the exe.. not the zip. right?

Last edited:
Yes all looks good,
Yes just one driver, and EXE iF you don't want to save to hard drive. Otherwise save as zip, then extract. I place them on desktop as a shortcut, so I can find them easily, not the driver of corse, lol.

But yes,
Give them a go, and let me know.

J Dot

I believe if you go to DRONESLINGER.COM, he has some of the older version assistants, if you ever want them, you do t need them, but they are there. I believe I have them all on my desktop. ( or most anyhow ).:)

OK .. I'll get going on downloading this.. Thanks..

OK.. now when I'm downloading DJI Win Driver installer, it say's "please power on MC & connect it to PC via USB"
YES - NO
explain.......

MC is referring to your BIRD ( phantom MAIN CONTROLLER )

USB
is the DJI ( or other ) mini USB to USB cord, you'll need to hook phantom to Pc with that cord, turn on phantom, and hit yes.

J Dot

OK.. tried installing driver first & after other installs.. don't seem to make a difference.
Tried to calibrate TX first.. no response.. When I connect bird to PC via usb with PC assistant or the "DJI Phantom 2vision assistant" i get the two green & blue in the bottom left hand corner, the blue is flickering only.. the channel monitor is all good (greens) in the middle except for channel T.. all the way left (black) & reads -1000
Should I try & bind the bird by pushing the little red button?

OK I just read your post gonna go back & try bird to PC

when hooking TX to PC with RC assistant running.. I can click on mode one or two.. & all the channels are green & in the middle.. Clicking on calibration button don't do nothing. it kinda lights up & goes back out.
clicking on "info" up at the top reads current version 1.2. NO UPDATES
device info firmware loader hardware ID nothing listed .

Hmmmmmm.
Usually you hit calibrate, then circle your sticks all the way round several times, toggle your toggles back and forth, then use your dial wheel up-down a few times, then click finish.

Plus usually it gives you a warning to keep sticks centered before starting ( since dial wheel has included DECENT LOCK, on throttle stick, just a warning, then you click start a second time, and perform your calibration, then finish.

Are the two lights bottom left of screen blinking?
Stick with mode 2 ( throttle on left )
Also is upgraded controller clicked?

J Dot

OK.. Bear with one more time here..
I hook the TX to PC when prompted "Power MC on via USB"
or the bird?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads