Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Cache locally on Ipad

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by chicago jeff, Jun 5, 2015.

1. chicago jeff

Probably my own stupidity but I can't seem to find a way to cache locally onto the Ipad Mini that I use to fly.
    I did find a video on how to do it with Android but I don't have a setting in my DJI App to save/cache videos and pictures onto my Mini.
    Google did not help at all.
    Anybody have a solution for this? I really want to be able to fly and then at a later time mess with the pics and videos on the Ipad without removing the SD card from the bird.
    Thanks in advance...

2. chicago jeff

Ok, I kind of found a solution using the playback button on the remote. The problem I have now is that it will not download the videos in 4K mode :(

3. bbfpv

It would take weeks to download 4k over lightbridge. Take the card out of the bird and put it in a computer.

4. chicago jeff

I have done that using my Imac. The thing I would like to do is use my Ipad...

5. bbfpv

So get a SD card reader for your ipad and transfer that way.

6. chicago jeff

I can do that but I thought doing it in the DJI app like the Android users do would be easier. Hence, the original thread title...

7. bbfpv

No one's using lightbridge to transfer 4k videos to the device. LB isn't designed to be a file transfer protocol. Even if it were, who has the patience to wait hours while it transfers?

chicago jeff likes this.
  8. chicago jeff

Good point actually. It took 3 minutes to transfer a 10 second 1080p video using the playback button. I can only imagine how long it would take to transfer a 20 minute 4K video.