Buying on Amazon

I mean. Has the price of the p4p gone down? Because the price dji has it for is $1500 for the non plus version. But amazon has it $300 less.

I bought my 'P4Pro' direct from Amazon UK and was sent a standard P4 - my first complain fell on deaf ears because the said the listing didn't say it was a P4Pro but a ' 'P4 Professional imaging system' and i should have realised because it was £100 cheaper than a P4 Pro would have been - it took me nearly two weeks to get my money back which was a major pain in the butt.

A friend bought from Amazon and received a refurbed P4Pro not a new one - he was less than happy.

I bought my 'P4Pro' direct from Amazon UK and was sent a standard P4 - my first complain fell on deaf ears because the said the listing didn't say it was a P4Pro but a ' 'P4 Professional imaging system' and i should have realised because it was £100 cheaper than a P4 Pro would have been - it took me nearly two weeks to get my money back which was a major pain in the butt.

A friend bought from Amazon and received a refurbed P4Pro not a new one - he was less than happy.
Thats my fear from
Buying it from Amazon. I dont know what i will end up doing. I bought the fly more mavic package without any issues. I just feel buying the phantom pro is a little bit more of a pain.

So i noticed that the p4p is sold for less on amazon with a bundle of accessories. Should i be careful from buying on amazon? It says that everything is straight from dji. I mean buying it straight from dji costs $1500. While buying it from amazon you get the p4p. 2 extra batteries. Props. Back pack. 3 battery charger. All this for $1650.
But dji doesnt offer any bundles like that.

Hi all. This is my first time here, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I tend to be frugal when I can, so I, like the OP, went looking for bundles. I narrowed it down to two sets by SSE and Koozam. I went with the Koozam (check it out here), and have been quite pleased. Got the set on the 6th after ordering on the 1st (of April - short time, but it felt like forever). Everything was as promised, and nothing seemed awry. I was told by both the seller and DJI that the warranty held, but I have not had occasion to test that. So, understand the concern, but even the DJI listings are the $1,500 but include a battery cradle or hard case or extra memory cards or something.

(TLDR: go for it, but be wary)

Last edited:
Buying it from amazon you get the p4p. 2 extra batteries. Props. Back pack. 3 battery charger. All this for $1650.

A word of advice on the bags, you have to be careful what you're looking at. Some "bags" are simply sacks with straps that fit the DJI styrofoam case. Most people agree these are very uncomfortable when worn for very long (which is really the only time you'd want a bag). Other bags are more robust but still require the original case. The styrofoam case is great, but slightly limited on space - the phantom, remote, three batteries, one battery charger, props, a few small cables, and a small area for whatever that can't hold props or batteries but could fit memory cards, cords, lanyards, etc. So, only go with this type if you have no other accessories you want to fit (tablet, sun shade, goggles, batteries, landing pad, range extenders, etc.). The last kind to be aware of is supplemental backpacks that don't actually hold the phantom. Often they just hold accessories or don't provide much protection at all.

As for the package as a whole, see the above post.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm getting a little carried away here, but I totally get the indecision associated with large purchases and am just trying to help.

Buying it from amazon you get the p4p. 2 extra batteries. Props. Back pack. 3 battery charger. All this for $1650.

On the memory cards, similar warning to above. I'd say go high quality. Memory is cheap, card failure is not. You can pick up very fast and reliable U3 64gb SanDisk Extreme cards for $20. Watch the classes (and associated speeds) of "free" cards - you don't want to miss that perfect moment or (worst of all) have to wait to fly while you order new cards.

Hope this helps.

I like B&H too. However, their return process for DJI aircraft is a far cry from Amazon's return policy.
How so? Same 30 days. Any defect or bug qualifies, and every aircraft has a few to choose from! Call the separate B&H drone return center, get an RMA and prepaid shipping label. Upon receipt, the package is inspected within 24 hours, and approval emailed to B&H. Credit appears within 48 hours. I have returned three P4P's from B&H and was happy with the return process. Besides, Amazon now charges sales tax in almost every state. B&H only in NY. B&H will also attempt to price match Amazon. They did for me. Price match and no sales tax. :cool:

Last edited:
I bought my P4P+ from Amazon with extra batteries, triple battery charger, backpack, memory cards, prop guards, and more. Been happy so far.

I have nothing, but good things to say about Amazon and more. I have purchased all of my DJI quads in bundles and I could not be more pleased. I find Amazon as well as PayPal as the best way to purchase most items. Far better support than DJI.

Bought a bundle from AZ 2 months ago, delivered and worked as advertised.
To my knowledge, Amazon ”sold and delivered by" is not selling bundles. Those are all Amzon marketplace sellers with their own return policies, which may vary significantly from Amazon's own policies, at their discretion. They may also not be authorized DJI resellers, voiding any DJI warranty. Buyer beware! :eek:

To my knowledge, Amazon ”sold and delivered by" is not selling bundles. Those are all Amzon marketplace sellers with their own return policies, which may vary significantly from Amazon's own policies, at their discretion. They may also not be authorized DJI resellers, voiding any DJI warranty. Buyer beware! :eek:

They were authorized Dealer and the SN is registered with DJI, and accepted DJI care. I was happy with the bundle and retailer.

I got my Mavic and P4P from best buy, i even got a discount on the drone and accessories. My P4P had a gimbal issue went back today and they exchanged it right away.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
They were authorized Dealer and the SN is registered with DJI, and accepted DJI care. I was happy with the bundle and retailer.
Indeed. Just clarifying the difference between "sold and shipped by Amazon" and the Amazon Marketplace. Most don't understand the difference. Amazon itself is an authorized DJI dealer. Some of the Amazon Marketplace sellers are not.

Amazon itself is an authorized DJI dealer
Is this documented by DJI somewhere? I've never seen Amazon on DJI's list of authorized DJI dealers.

Is this documented by DJI somewhere? I've never seen Amazon on DJI's list of authorized DJI dealers.
I assume "sold and shipped by" Amazon and Best Buy, B&H, and Apple are all authorized DJI dealers, or we would have heard otherwise by now, whether or not they appear on DJI' s incomplete list.

However, you are the respected compiler of all information DJI. ;) Call DJI and confirm it, so you can add them to your official list. :cool:

Reactions: On_Bail_Cuz
I assume "sold and shipped by" Amazon and Best Buy, B&H, and Apple are all authorized DJI dealers, or we would have heard otherwise by now, whether or not they appear on DJI' s incomplete list.
That's quite the odd assumption since Best Buy, B&H, and Apple all appear on their authorized dealer list.

That's quite the odd assumption since Best Buy, B&H, and Apple all appear on their authorized dealer list.
Once you have positively established that Amazon itself is NOT an authorized DJI dealer, please report back, so we can get to the bottom of this, instead of speculating.:cool: You, yourself, have recommended buying from Amazon, over B&H! Why would you do that, knowing there is no DJI warranty, if you truly believe they are not authorized DJI dealers? I don't recommend Amazon because they charge sales tax, but I do recommend using Amazon itself as a viable price match source, when shopping at Best Buy and B&H that price match Amazon. Further, if Amazon itself were not an authorized dealer, why would authorized dealers like Best Buy and B&H attempt to even price match them on DJI products? :confused: Are Best Buy and B&H really that unsophisticated? I think not. Please prove me wrong. I really want to know, and as a service to DJI owners, let's get a definitive answer.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164