Broken Ribbon Cable and Yaw Magentic Lock Question

Reaction score
I crashed my P3S today into a flag pole. Luckily it dropped onto soft grass but nevertheless the camera has detached from the Yaw Arm Magnetic Lock. No other signs of damage and I took it up for a test flight and the drone flies fine.

I know I will have to replace the ribbon cable as it snapped and I am fine with doing that after seeing multiple YouTube clips, however I have a question regarding the Magnetic lock. Is it just held on my magnets? When I insert the two pieces together they hold pretty well my magnetism but my concern is whether it will hold together in flight? Should there be something else holding it in place? See pictures below! Any help appreciated!

Pictures below of both parts separated and together.

arm.jpg

camera.jpg

together.jpg

Last edited:
Just for anyone else that may read this. Pretty sure that cap is not supposed to come off. Just like the one on the pitch motor (closest to camera) it is suposed to be permanent. It is glues into the roll arm. When installing, looking down long side of roll arm to your right, flat side of motor shaft should be perpendicular to it (flat side facing the gimbal top board housing. Some people make, 3D print, an "alignment tool" to line it up). And, though many selling gimbal repair kits on ebay purport to include an "alignment tool" they don't and don't have a clue what it is. In the case above, motor needed to be removed, a very small amount of metal epoxy placed in center hole of cap, motor installed and lined up. After overnight cure, reattached to yaw arm. (If changing roll arm the roll arm usually has to be cut to remove the cap, without cutting or damaging it.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart