Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Boscam ts 352 problems with go pro.

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by Scampaboy, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Scampaboy

Hi,

I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

I bought this kit from helipal, great service btw and good delivery.

http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... eluxe.html

It worked ok but a little interference right from the box, but i am a tinkerer so i tried to change the channels to improve reception.

after going through all the channels and not receiving any signal or picture I went back to the origional settings now i just have a black screen on my receiver. could this be a problem with my cable from the Go pro or is it a problem with my channels?

could someone please kindly tell me how they have set up their channels to make sure i am not making a mistake, a picture would be great, on the tx and the receiver.

I have contacted helical and they sent me a picture showing what they set up for the tx but it doesn't correspond to any channel in the documentation

kind regards

richard

2. QYV

QYV

do you know about the "gotcha" with FPV Transmitters... if you EVER power a transmitter up without an antenna attached the internals are basically fried immediately. I'm very familiar with the TS352... I even fried one myself when I accidentally powered my P2 up and the antenna wasn't screwed in tight enough.

you understand that "channels" are just different frequencies right? so there is a channel / frequency mapping for TS352 below. Most people just stick with channel 1, so all 4 pins need to be "up" (away from the number - look at the image below) and you'll be broadcasting on 5705.
    Now all you need to do is find a channel mapping for your display (which bands / channels are what frequency) so you can tune your receiver to whatever channel is 5705. If you do that and still get a blank image, either your transmitter or receiver are toast, and usually in that case it's the transmitter.
    [​IMG]

3. Scampaboy

Thanks for the reply, I'll try some more channels. I noticed that if the channels don't correspond I get snow, if the do correspond I get a black screen. I tested the cable to the go pro with a circuit tester and all seems fine. Maybe I will just try a new Tx and if that doesn't work I'm not sure what I'll do. I have had it only a couple of days, I'm waiting for a response from helipal they have helped me a little to trouble shoot but nothing seems to have worked.

I didn't plug it in without an antenna, actually the antenna seems to be glued in place.

4. Scampaboy

I have been in contact with helipal they will send me a new go pro cable, they seem to think that's the problem