Black Friday 2017

What functionality am I missing? It came with a controller/screen.
You are stuck with the buggy, rarely updated, customized Android GO 4 app that runs both the screen and the RC. It has been riddled with problems and bugs since day one. With a regular RC, the RC and the tablet are independent. You can then use an iPad (up to 12.9") running the iOS version of GO 4, which has always been programmed better and updated sooner than the Android versions, and you can also use the generic Android GO 4 version with any supported Android tablet. External tablets all support Litchi and other flying apps used for better mission control on the P4P.

Hey guys I'm new here , ordered the P4P and I bought this tablet
ASUS 32GB Z580C-B1 ZenPad S 8.0" Wi-Fi Tablet .
What is the best app to use with the p4p and this tablet, if you know anything about it?

DJI Go 4 is the correct one from the manufacturer, I'd start there and if you want to try 3rd party ones later you can look into them over time.

Hey guys I'm new here , ordered the P4P and I bought this tablet
ASUS 32GB Z580C-B1 ZenPad S 8.0" Wi-Fi Tablet .
What is the best app to use with the p4p and this tablet, if you know anything about it?
will this tablet work with the p4p?

will this tablet work with the p4p?
It appears from the research I've done and a reply on another thread it will work just fine. Dji Web site

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
I don't think he meant that sarcastically. He's hoping it works, too! :cool:
Thank you sir it wasn't taken sarcastically just wondered if anybody knew about it or if anybody used it thank you

I'm sure this is been seen but I thought I'd pass it along
Best Tablet for Phantom 4 - [Fall 2017] Updated Comparison & Analysis
It is quite outdated, despite the claimed update, still referring to the Note 3 and Mini 3, with only a nod to the existence of the Mini 4. However, the benefits of iOS DJI apps over Android DJI apps are still valid. iOS is still always DJI's flagship version of their app. No mention at all of the more recent iPad Pro's at all, nor the iPad Air 2, which are my favorites.

It is quite outdated, despite the claimed update, still referring to the Note 3 and Mini 3, with only a nod to the existence of the Mini 4. However, the benefits of iOS DJI apps over Android DJI apps are still valid. iOS is still always DJI's flagship version of their app. No mention at all of the more recent iPad Pro's at all, nor the iPad Air 2, which are my favorites.
okie dokie thanks for the info, I'll see how it works out .I figure if it was good 6 months ago it's probably still good now.
I just got this off another thread that I posted.
" LarBear360
I don't have the Phantom 4 however I do on this tablet and it works great with DJI go and the Phantom 3 standard ""
I'm asking a lot of questions because I don't know because I'm a newbie, is it possible there's that big of a difference with the DJI go in that Tablet for the Phantom 3 standard as opposed to the dji go for Phantom 4 Pro that it wouldn't work on that particular tablet ?

Last edited:
okie dokie thanks for the info, I'll see how it works out .I figure if it was good 6 months ago it's probably still good now.
Not much has changed in the last 6 months, but 99% of the article was written when the P4 came out over two years ago, so most of the tablet recommendations are now obsolete, as the app requires faster, newer hardware for best performance today, and there are many other excellent choices since, on both platforms, that are not mentioned, plus the new CrystalSky monitors. Entire article needs to be rewritten to be current, not just "updated" with a few choice sentences. :cool:

The list needs to have operating system version and DJI GO or DJI GO 4 and version. If I pick mini 4 for my screen I would not load it with current IOS. I use ipad 10.5 with IOS 11. It will stay on that version of the IOS for as long as DJI GO 4 is on it. I will loss new features of future IOS releases but will keep DJI GO 4 app in an acceptable working order and in harmony with other apps.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The list needs to have operating system version and DJI GO or DJI GO 4 and version. If I pick mini 4 for my screen I would not load it with current IOS. I use ipad 10.5 with IOS 11. It will stay on that version of the IOS for as long as DJI GO 4 is on it. I will loss new features of future IOS releases but will keep DJI GO 4 app in an acceptable working order and in harmony with other apps.
Indeed. Keep the hardware on the version of iOS that the tablet originally shipped with when first introduced by Apple, as long as it is still supported by GO 4. The iOS version is optimized for the hardware that introduced it! Best way to ruin an older tablet/phone is to keep updating the iOS version, which is designed for newer, faster hardware! IOS 11 ruined my iPhone 6+, which was working perfectly under 10.3.3. Now sluggish as molasses and unusable! Takes 10-15 seconds for every app to boot, including the camera, mail, text, and settings! :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119