Black Friday 2017

Reaction score
What does everyone think the prices will be on the p4p and mavic? I hoping for maybe a 30% discount on the p4p. Let me know what you think

What does everyone think the prices will be on the p4p and mavic? I hoping for maybe a 30% discount on the p4p. Let me know what you think
Lol good luck with that.

I think 0-10% on a Mavic Pro but included 1 free extra battery.

0-10% on P4P, same as above.

Spark heavily discounted, maybe 20%.

Inspire 2 0-10%.

Ronin and Osmo, 0-20%

Here are the deals they offered last Black Friday:

014330q1p7x1dgwdwpllpw.png
014354r3lhhherhaj8l8ex.png
014413xw4pzxkf3mb3tfxd.png

They also offered 30% Phantom accessories and 5% off Osmo and Inspire accessories.

I think the deal we saw last year on the phantom 4 we will see this year on the phantom 4 pro
Yes, if there is a new Phantom 5 released before Black Friday. Remember that the P4P was released before BF 2016.

Why would they cut profits otherwise? They're the best. There is no competition to steal customers from.

The P4 was discounted because it is garbage next to the P4P. How do you make anyone buy garbage? You discount it. But you dont discount something if it is still the best. Only if you have a ridicolous amount of stock and a new release is imminent. But I do not believe this is the case.

DJI is like Apple, when they have a discount... It is for the most expensive products. All the others will get couple dollars off.

Get rid of excess stock.
I doubt there is any "excess" stock to get rid of. Just enough to meet demand without backorders. The P4P is one of DJI'S best selling Phantoms, with 4K 100mbs video output rivaling the Inspire 2 in quality. With no P5, DJI has no need to dump their stock supply of the P4P. They haven't even dropped the MSRP yet in almost a year, unlike the P3P and the P4 . The Obsidian version is just an alternative color, not an upgrade in any way. Depending upon the background, white is often still easier to see than black, because of its reflective qualities. I have tested and confirmed VLOS out to over a mile with the white version. I rarely see black airplanes when private planes are flying visually and need to be seen easily. The military uses gray for camouflage, not visibility. However, at close range, an Obsidian will stand out among a sea of white P4P's at a flying field! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: gppms
Yes, if there is a new Phantom 5 released before Black Friday. Remember that the P4P was released before BF 2016.

Why would they cut profits otherwise? They're the best. There is no competition to steal customers from.

The P4 was discounted because it is garbage next to the P4P. How do you make anyone buy garbage? You discount it. But you dont discount something if it is still the best. Only if you have a ridicolous amount of stock and a new release is imminent. But I do not believe this is the case.

Heck I watch companies lower prices in a short one day sale often. It’s about bringing in a lot of cash in the last quarter of the year. It’s all about making big numbers and the more product in people’s hands helps to sell the next model.

Reactions: Jack Matthias
Heck I watch companies lower prices in a short one day sale often. It’s about bringing in a lot of cash in the last quarter of the year. It’s all about making big numbers and the more product in people’s hands helps to sell the next model.
DJI is privately owned, and has no need to "cook the books" to keep shareholders happy. It's all about the long game, and they are playing it very well! There will be no P5 in 2017. P4P is still doing great, and is still well ahead of all the competition, even a year after release. The consumer end is well covered with the new Mavic Pro Platinum and the Spark.

Shops know many people are waiting for Black Friday. They want the P4P. They are reluctant to buy it right now because it just might get discounted later, but they want it.

So what do shops do? I know what I'd do. Not lower prices... and watch people buy it anyway.

The P4P is so expensive you don't buy it simply out of 'why the hell not'.
A shop cant sway people doing that with a discount, it is still too much money. If you're gonna buy it, you're willing to pay, regardless of a $100-200 discount or not. So might as well have them pay full retail.

The price of the P4P will only drop when something better is released. However, is the potential price savings, of a few hundred dollars, at that still unknown time, way in the future, worth giving up all the P4P flight opportunities you will forgo between now and then? I think not. As they say in the real estate business, "Don't wait to buy real estate. Buy real estate and wait." :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119