Better to Take Video or Photos for Still Photos

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm doing some aerial photos for my work. However i dont really see the difference from standard IPhone 5s Photos to my 4k camera on my Drone. I am Mainly taking photos for there website.

Is it better to take a video and just take the still of that or take individual Photos?

If JPG photo quality is sufficient, then you can pull stills from the video. Give it a shot and you'll be able to see the type of photos you can extract from the video.

Hi,

I'm doing some aerial photos for my work. However i dont really see the difference from standard IPhone 5s Photos to my 4k camera on my Drone. I am Mainly taking photos for there website.

Is it better to take a video and just take the still of that or take individual Photos?
If you want the best quality images, stills will always be best.

Stills resolution = 4000×3000 = 12MP
Video resolution = 4096x2160 = 8.8 MP

Shutter speed for video can also be slower than for stills and you'll also get some blurring of any frames you grab.

Reactions: mdowney58
Hi,

I take a combination of stills and video, and sometimes have to do a screen capture from video to get a picture I missed. As noted, your best quality will be a photo, even more so if you take it in RAW mode. You will not see much, if any, quality difference on a small screen, but if you are cropping a particular area, or enhancing the photo with software afterwards, RAW will give you the best image to work with, then a still photo, and worst quality the video screen capture. Your preferences will somewhat be guided by what you want the photo for and how you will be displaying and possibly enhancing it. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan