Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna happen now! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 12.44.02.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-31 at 12.44.02.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 261
To those who have the direct line to DJI:

Is there going to be any 3.05 testing with current, uneffected, P2s to verify no adverse effects to those a/c either not experiencing issues or in the 'green fly zone'?

Or,

Might 3.04 remain available for a while in case this release in fact has any adverse effects?

cruiser607 said:

Just came back for a first test spin.

Conclusion: we are at 80%!!!

Issues:

* coming from 2.00 ... the P2 is now flying like a grandma. Slow ... no speed ... not very agile
* after first boot: P2 is flying pretty straight. No major J Hooking. Still not perfect ... even not after a couple of minutes.
* P2 wasn't able to find enough satellites after the next reboot. Not sure if that is firmware related
* rebooted again and gave him 2-3 minutes until it finally found all satellites

Uploading the Video now.

cruiser607 said:
cruiser607 said:

Issues:

* coming from 2.00 ... the P2 is now flying like a grandma. Slow ... no speed ... not very agile
* after first boot: P2 is flying pretty straight. No major J Hooking. Still not perfect ... even not after a couple of minutes.
* P2 wasn't able to find enough satellites after the next reboot. Not sure if that is firmware related

Uploading the Video now.

Did you check your gains? I think the default gains might have been changed since 2.00. Also, there was a limit placed on max descent rates since 2.00 so maybe you were feeling that as well.

Compared to your previous flights, since you are in an area with high declination, is it clearly an improvement? When you say it is still not perfect, are you saying it is still off by a few degrees, or that there is still a lot of work to be done?

Beta Testers,
Once you install the new Firmware, will you go in to the gain settings tab and click default to make sure the P2 is flying with whatever gain settings DJI Programmed in as Default?

I know they kept changing the default gain settings in the past firmware updates but those would not show up unless you click Default.

onfourblades said:
I have not done cl test, tomorrow I will. How should I do that test?

Hi, are you testing with some wind?, is it calm?, how many batteries or how long did you fly with the new fix, its great to hear the good news

Sana

onfourblades said:
I have not done cl test, tomorrow I will. How should I do that test?

I would just line up the Phantom carefully so that you know, preferably within a couple of degrees or relative to a distant object, the direction it is pointing when you power it up and let it acquire home position and course lock. Then take off, switch to CL, apply forward pitch, and see if it flies that bearing or heads off, in your case, to the right of the reference direction.

I would love to see a video from someone ( Beta Tester) wearing a GoPro Headband mount or even a tripod mounted camera. Lift off to flying straight out. :D

cruiser607 said:
cruiser607 said:

Issues:

Uploading the Video now.
Video?

We've only got 1 dialup connection in New Zealand and it's Trevor's week with the modem - we all have to have turns. He'll be biking around to his place to use it. Takes 17 hours to upload 1 Meg. :lol: :lol:

cruiser607 said:
cruiser607 said:

Issues:

Uploading the Video now.

The number of satellites shouldn't be effected by this. I say shouldn't as I don't know for certain but it is a separate subsystem with its own firmware. With respect to grandma, there are some differences in the newer firmwares that you'll need to get used to. With respect to the hook, when you say "still not perfect" can you elaborate on that? Did you still see some hooking? If so, how much? Any TBE?

I am somewhere over Nevada landing in 50 minutes.

BigBadFun said:
We've only got 1 dialup connection in New Zealand and it's Trevor's week with the modem - we all have to have turns. He'll be biking around to his place to use it. Takes 17 hours to upload 1 Meg. :lol: :lol:

You're joking right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164