Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I couldn't see any posts that were from any of us.

Xrover said:
Hmm, I couldn't see any posts that were from any of us.

read the comments inside the DJI posts.

Like them .. make your own post so it puts top of comments... they are gonna start banning us... lmao

I posted on their facebook page and initially it showed up but when I refreshed the page it was gone. If I select "Posts by others" though it is still there. As are a bunch of our other posts. Thanks for making that image. Maybe they will get the message. Sure hope so - it is SO annoying.

Attachments

• 2014-05-27_22-06-40.png
    2014-05-27_22-06-40.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 280
I'm sure within 3 months there will be an all new redesigned Phantom 3 with an improved navigation system. That's what DJI is probably focusing on.

Xrover said:
I'm sure within 3 months there will be an all new redesigned Phantom 3 with an improved navigation system. That's what DJI is probably focusing on.

Ive decide to be less consumer and more Hobbie. I'll commit to the GoPro Hero 4... and building my own custom kits and accessories. Made in USA.

d4ddyo said:
Xrover said:

Ive decide to be less consumer and more Hobbie. I'll commit to the GoPro Hero 4... and building my own custom kits and accessories. Made in USA.

Yes i feel that many people are looking closely at how DJI is handling this and other customer issue. I know that it will influence my next purchase for sure.

onfourblades said:
Yes i feel that many people are looking closely at how DJI is handling this and other customer issue. I know that it will influence my next purchase for sure.

If they don't fix this, the Phantom will be my first and last DJI product. But, while I own it and use it and this problem exists, I am going to make a stink about it.

UPDATE: I saw that Terry (from DJI) was posting in the Lightbridge forum over at RCGroups, so I mentioned to him that his lack of any information in his own thread about the issue had users upset and mentioned that he might want to come back here to give people an update. I mentioned that since our back channel attempt with DJI to get this resolved seems to be failing that a large public campaign was ramping up. Here is his reply:

"Hi, we understand the feeling of those users who suffer this issue. Engineers needs more time to work on the solution. Sometimes, the problem solving process is not that easy..."

I replied that even though it has been almost 8 weeks I understand the fact that it can take time. I mentioned the real issue is that DJI seems to have given up keeping anyone updated on the matter, including him and his own thread here.

If there's One thing that pisses customers off the most, it's Excuses!
Unless there are real answers, customers will walk away from their products.

Ianwood,

Have you tried to PM both Blade Strike and Tahoe Ed over on RC Groups in the "DJI Phantom 2***Owners Thread***

They both are listed as DJI support and are supposed to help with customer issues.

They are also on the "NEW DJI H3-3D Gimbal" thread over there.

Can't hurt.

Tom

tom3holer said:
Ianwood,

Have you tried to PM both Blade Strike and Tahoe Ed over on RC Groups in the "DJI Phantom 2***Owners Thread***

They both are listed as DJI support and are supposed to help with customer issues.

They are also on the "NEW DJI H3-3D Gimbal" thread over there.

Can't hurt.

Tom

They are great guys and knowledgable but I have dealt with them on a few issues and they don't really have any pull at DJI. They will no doubt respond with a "We are aware of the problem and have let DJI know."

Agreed. Other than knowing a lot about the product, they are too close to the bottom of the totem pole and mostly sing the corporate refrain of "DJI is aware of your concerns, do da, do da."

Terry is certainly higher up the ladder and sporadically helpful but much less accessible. He did originate this thread and sent us OSDIIs for testing, so I give him plenty of kudos for that. But that is not enough.

landonkk said:
UPDATE: I saw that Terry (from DJI) was posting in the Lightbridge forum over at RCGroups, so I mentioned to him that his lack of any information in his own thread about the issue had users upset and mentioned that he might want to come back here to give people an update. I mentioned that since our back channel attempt with DJI to get this resolved seems to be failing that a large public campaign was ramping up. Here is his reply:

"Hi, we understand the feeling of those users who suffer this issue. Engineers needs more time to work on the solution. Sometimes, the problem solving process is not that easy..."

I replied that even though it has been almost 8 weeks I understand the fact that it can take time. I mentioned the real issue is that DJI seems to have given up keeping anyone updated on the matter, including him and his own thread here.

I spoke to a DJI dealer... There are big problems with distribution. one big one is the H3-3D gimbal. back ordered by the 100 from release. Very few have taken delivery. They are way down in production compared to last quarter so i'm sure they are getting hit HARD. That being said... whatever the issue they seem to be focused on new sales. Let's face it... we already spent our money... they just are not getting it that we are getting frustrated and not coming back.

Happy to beta test, here in Queenstown - New Zealand where we are at 24 degrees. Only have iOSD mini though.

d4ddyo said:
I spoke to a DJI dealer... There are big problems with distribution. one big one is the H3-3D gimbal. back ordered by the 100 from release. Very few have taken delivery. They are way down in production compared to last quarter so i'm sure they are getting hit HARD. That being said... whatever the issue they seem to be focused on new sales. Let's face it... we already spent our money... they just are not getting it that we are getting frustrated and not coming back.

Manufacturing and distribution don't usually have much impact on development and QA. A dealer will likely be getting the same "we're working on it" message that we are.

Captain Salty said:
Happy to beta test, here in Queenstown - New Zealand where we are at 24 degrees. Only have iOSD mini though.

Thanks, but we're a bit past that point now. The tests are done. The data shows a clear defect. Now it is up to DJI to fix the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic