BestBuy Black batteries and props

I hovered in Tripod mode in my man cave lol. Ac was on 74 degrees and one ceiling fan was on. Not too many environmental variables changed from one test to the other.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Skygunner, you don't have to be in beginner mode to have side obstacle avoidance...

It's either beginner mode or tripod mode.
What is the model number on the bottom of the remote ? GL300C ?

It's the GL300C.

DJI really needs to stop producing the Phantom in white and switch to gun metal or black. Much easier to spot at a distance and looks way cooler.
I agree.

Side OA works only in Beginner and Tripod modes. Also maybe Smart RTH not sure about that.

Exactly. I only fly in sport mode.

So there's a black phantom 4 ? Not a black phantom 4 pro.... is this correct?

Correct.

I did notice that the battery fits super snug in the black version.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
I love the black p4 look. Also are the black props carbon, Carbon reinforced, or just black plastic ? also can you send a link to the site that has the $99 batteries ?

Ahah! So that explains why when I went to Bestbuy.com and searched for Phantom 4 Pro battery no batteries appeared! And the black batteries just show the 5350 mAh spec.

With that in mind will the black props satisfy the spec of the Pro (with the 5850 battery)? In terms of flight time at least?

DJI really needs to stop producing the Phantom in white and switch to gun metal or black. Much easier to spot at a distance and looks way cooler.
Depends on where you are flying. I am coming from using a Yuneec Q5004K which is dark gunmetal gray. I often fly in the mountains where the mountain is a backdrop and is above my quad in altitude. In this environment the Q disappears completely. I can't wait for my WHITE P4.

Ahah! So that explains why when I went to Bestbuy.com and searched for Phantom 4 Pro battery no batteries appeared! And the black batteries just show the 5350 mAh spec.

With that in mind will the black props satisfy the spec of the Pro (with the 5850 battery)? In terms of flight time at least?

I would say yes. I've flown my pro 10 times with the black props. The pro can use the 5350 battery as well.

Unless you've never flown before, having side OA isn't nearly as important as front & rear OA.
That said, those of us that shoot real estate, having 360 degrees of OA in Tripod mode is great. Especially when you're shooting alongside other homes, fencing, trees, etc.

S7 Edge tap'n

The P4 and P4P props are interchangeable. I have done both the white P4P and the black P4.

The Black props are more visible in output depending on speed and pitch however.

The P4 and P4P props are interchangeable. I have done both the white P4P and the black P4.

The Black props are more visible in output depending on speed and pitch however.
That's an interesting observation Gary. I suspect that black props are less noticeable at night are they not?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor