BestBuy Black batteries and props

Reaction score
My P4P will be here tomorrow morning. As I have had a P3P for a while, I wanted to have a spare P4 battery so I can play around for a while tomorrow. I ordered my unit through aerial media pros and also ordered an additional high capacity battery (after reading some its looking like "high capacity" is a stretch of truth from DJI). Any way, I went to grab a battery and some spare props and got home, and noticed that I got a black P4 battery and black props. Apparently Bestbuy carries a special edition black P4 now?

Anyway, the black batteries look really cool and I'm sure the props will change the look up a little bit!

The black batteries were actually on sale, I think they were $139 compared to the white phantom batteries that were like $159. However, because I love how best buy price matches, I went online quickly and I think i found a P4 battery that was priced wrong I believe ($99.99 from BHPhoto.com) and they accepted it. I actually am thinking I might go grab another one for $100 cause thats a steal!

after reading some its looking like "high capacity" is a stretch of truth from DJI
DJI quite plainly spell out exactly what the capacity of the new batteries is: Capacity = 5870 mAh
The original P4 batteries are: Capacity = 5350 mAh
That sure looks like high capacity to me. I don't see that as stretching the truth at all.

Reactions: Jason Porembski
Here's a pic of mine.
IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0249.JPG

Reactions: David Cooke
DJI quite plainly spell out exactly what the capacity of the new batteries is: Capacity = 5870 mAh
The original P4 batteries are: Capacity = 5350 mAh
That sure looks like high capacity to me. I don't see that as stretching the truth at all.

I flew with both batteries yesterday and got almost the same flight time. Thats what i was referring too.

Looks awesome man! I really love the controller. Kind of weird that there is no reference to the black version on DJI's website. Maybe its a "best buy only" type of thing.

I wonder why the black P4 battery is cheaper then the white one?
I love the matte black.
I also have a P4P, that's going back. The camera on the P4 is good enough for me, I'm coming from a Typhoon H with Real Sense...lol. My issue with the P4P is that you have to be beginner mode to use obstacle avoidance on the sides.

It's crazy what changing from one color to another can do. I'm surprised they didn't do it earlier.

How did you get the black batteries? Is there now an option to get black batteries?Can you please link the $99 battery?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers