Best Propellers for P3?

Reaction score
I notice that there aren't any posts about the best propellers for the P3. So...any recommendations? I wanna order something a bit better than the stock plastic ones, which feel a bit flimsy to me.

I notice that there aren't any posts about the best propellers for the P3. So...any recommendations? I wanna order something a bit better than the stock plastic ones, which feel a bit flimsy to me.
You wont get any better than the stock plastic ones-- IMHO-- they are engineered for the P3 -- If you do order carbon fiber, make sure they have the composite threads-- not metal threads.

Reactions: Reed L and D4T_PoM
Michael, stick to the originals.

They are better and far more superior then any others aftermarket ones.

If your pockets deep enough you can get the Carbon fibre reinforced ones from DJI but honestly speaking they are not worth the extra money.

Always remember our P3's take composite hub propellers 9450.

I guess I understand. I wasn't sure about CF because in case of a crash, I don't want the motor to take the brunt of the impact.

The stock props are the best propellers for the P3. If you want something a little sturdier, the DJI 9450 Carbon Reinforced props are IMO your only other choice.

I like carbon reinforced black props from DJI.

I would recommend not to go for 3rd party props to avoid issues raised by many in different forums. Let's not experiment with props as they are part of the main engine ( driving force).

Props, motors, and ESC (firmware) are part of a 'tuned' system.

Don't second guess the engineers' design based on [prop] flexibility or other physical attributes which may not seem intuitive to the layperson.

I like carbon reinforced black props from DJI.

I would recommend not to go for 3rd party props to avoid issues raised by many in different forums. Let's not experiment with props as they are part of the main engine ( driving force).
Yeah, and before you fly with those again.
Just a loud word of caution, on those carbon fiber reinforced props.
Although not commonly talked about, as this is new news, but a local DJI Phantom dealer told me that those blades weren't to be sold until they have been redesigned. Apparently there have been occasions where from the high rotor speed, they have disintegrated and crashed the bird they were on. Not sure why this wasn't publicly announced, but it's out now. The further sales of those carbon fiber reinforced blades have been halted. Be advised, and take heed. ;-)

RedHotPoker

The further sales of those carbon fiber reinforced blades have been halted.
Interesting. I wonder why DJI still has them all for sale in their store?

The composite 9450 props (see a complete list here) are the best way to go. Stick with stock. They work very well.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I don't know anything, but what a local DJI retailer read me, from a memo sent to him from @dji headquarters. Those carbon fiber props were not to be sold. It may be not until February 2016 before the new ones are available.

I'm Not telling you never to fly with them, but be very cautious about it, please. Do Examine them carefully, before and after every flight.

RedHotPoker

I don't know anything, but what a local DJI retailer read me, from a memo sent to him from @dji headquarters. Those carbon fiber props were not to be sold. It may be not until February 2016 before the new ones are available.

I'm Not telling you never to fly with them, but be very cautious about it, please. Do Examine them carefully, before and after every flight.

RedHotPoker
Is there a way to confirm this news from DJI?

Thanks for the alert (Hope its a false one :) )

Now my question to DJI: Why do you keep such information hidden? I'm scared to use them now.

They seem flimsy but it is by design to reduce vibration. If they are too stiff the pitch of the props would create excessive vibration which would cause the dreaded jello effect.

Thanks, guys! I'll just stick with my regular ones. Is there any sort of time I should be thinking about replacing them? or do you just use them until one breaks? lol

Thanks, guys! I'll just stick with my regular ones. Is there any sort of time I should be thinking about replacing them? or do you just use them until one breaks? lol
Be sure to check the balance on them and wipe off the bug juice occasionaly and they will last a long time

This has been hashed and re-hashed! I agree stock props are the way to go...9450 composite hubs. Carbon Fiber reinforced composite hub tend to be brittle and suck upon a crash...I have first hand experience on that one...they look cool though however offer no noticeable flight improvement in my world.

Have been running the Carbon Fiber props for months. Don't really notice a difference but **** they look so much better....

phantom.jpg

Reactions: Mario_SB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl