Best Propellers for P3?

IMO... carbon fibers are more for looks than anything else and more money for DJI. As you can tell from PhantomRX's pics they look super nice but from what I've read from others here is that their performance is negligible compared to the stock props. Also read somewhere that they may be more fragile so the chances of them breaking, say in a bird strike or small crash, is greater vs stock.

IMO... carbon fibers are more for looks than anything else and more money for DJI. As you can tell from PhantomRX's pics they look super nice but from what I've read from others here is that their performance is negligible compared to the stock props. Also read somewhere that they may be more fragile so the chances of them breaking, say in a bird strike or small crash, is greater vs stock.
You may be right but I have been using carbon reinforced props for few months and feel they are more sturdy and will retain shape during flights so less apparent unbalancing effect. Not sure if other factors are more important. For me, dynamic stability of props is the most important factor.

You may be right but I have been using carbon reinforced props for few months and feel they are more sturdy and will retain shape during flights so less apparent unbalancing effect. Not sure if other factors are more important. For me, dynamic stability of props is the most important factor.

I might get them myself just to try them out but only when they come on sale or something. I really do like the way they look. What's the rule on replacing props? Do they ever wear out?

I love my carbon reinforced props. They're a little more rigid, which is a plus for manoeuvrability. Your bird is basically hanging off those props, if they're highly flexible, and you ask for a direction change, the first thing to move is the prop rather than the bird. The more rigid, the more responsive. I also find them quieter.
They are dearer, but this is an expensive industry.

I too look forward to trying a couple pairs.

Probably in February. ;-)
They should have been redesigned and well tested by then.

RedHotPoker

Yes, I wonder at that supposed letter from DJI about them. If it says they're not going to be sold till redesigned, then why are they still being sold? I've seen far too many "letters from DJI" type stuff here. I am now quite cynical until I see actual documented proof. I just no longer accept "A mate who works for DJI .... or knows someone that works for DJI ... or is a dealer for DJI ... told me that they're doing this, or removing that, or this story, or that story" Sorry, none of it washes, they can tell me their mate is Frank Wang and OWNS bloomin DJI and I'm not believing it now till I see evidence. The fact they're still being sold even tonight on the website, is evidence that contradicts the supposed statement they're not selling them till they're redesigned.

I might add, I also use them on my Inspire 1. And haven't ever had a problem with them on either bird

I am not saying they aren't selling them their. But my source has already been dealing their products since the beginning, when the S-1000 was their only product. I think I can trust his word. They aren't sending him any of the old props, and he would love to sell them, and make more profit. It's not by choice. Hey the guy has sold more than $6,000,000 worth of drones by himself. Figure he knows enough to tell the truth. You guys can fly what ever props suit you. Good luck. I would be the last person to want to hear that you were one of the unlucky pilots who had the mishap happen to you. God forbid. And I wouldn't never say, See, I told you so. Ah, only just think back.

Please inspect them well, before and after every flight. Thanks. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I might get them myself just to try them out but only when they come on sale or something. I really do like the way they look. What's the rule on replacing props? Do they ever wear out?
Rule for replacing prop: you can't use any damaged prop even if it has little chipped off, replace it with another balanced one.

Have been running the Carbon Fiber props for months. Don't really notice a difference but **** they look so much better....

View attachment 36587
Awesome paint job--that should scare any nosey raptors away. :)

As for props, the first rule for props are to use ones that look cool when they're not spinning. Then replace them with the boring plastic ones right before flight.

Reactions: kennedye
As above,
Stick with DJI's official props, they have been well designed and are better than any other after market props.
The problem carbon fibre has (with any props, not just for phantoms) is that it is a lot more susceptible to vibrations. Plus the damage will be worse if you have an accident with them.

I have also flown exclusively w/ the DJI carbon reinforced props for the last 3 months and they feel a bit more stable and responsive to me.
Also, all 3 sets of my carbon reinforced sets came perfectly balanced. I never had an original DJI white prop that didn't need balancing, and sometimes quite a lot.

I like Carbon reinforced props from DJI. I heard they are redesigning them but I will continue to use such props.

I notice that there aren't any posts about the best propellers for the P3. So...any recommendations? I wanna order something a bit better than the stock plastic ones, which feel a bit flimsy to me.
These are the only two stock options that DJI offers... and they are priced right, right through the dji website They have several paint versions of the carbon fiber... white, yellow and plain...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

These are the only two stock options that DJI offers... and they are priced right, right through the dji website They have several paint versions of the carbon fiber... white, yellow and plain...
Great test!! I made the switch to cf reinforced props but by this test it looks like the regular stock props hover better. I'll stick with the cf for now but definitely makes me think though.

CF props, even from DJI, offer no improvement to flight. Even DJI confirms this. They will tend to break easier on impact with something.
This would seem to be a feature, not a bug. The feature being you dissipate the energy in the prop, not the motor / housing / whatever-expensive-bit-breaks-off-next.

FWIW, I tried the carbon fiber props before I had my prop balancing jig set up. Of the regular props, 3/4 needed balancing. Carbon fiber, one out of four. They did seem to fly much smoother. Now that I can balance the props, I don't notice any difference.

Does anyone know if the birds in the test had the same firmware?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31