Best "Monitor" for Phantom 3

you might want to ask in the ispire one section what one you will need being the p3 is going to be the exact same set up as the inspire one. and it does not use a range extender for the video like the p2vs need and instead it needs to have an Hdmi input that comes from the controllers video out. also I would imagine that being it uses the same controller as the inspire one it will also come with the same holder as the inspire one does which is a lot nicer and bigger then the tiny clip that comes with the other phantoms that is only meant to hold a 5 inch or smaller iphone or tablet.

But after getting able to check out an ispire the other day and knowing that the p3 is going to be exactly the same set up just in a phantom shaped shell and size. Hardly any thing we all know about the p2vs is even relevant to the p3s being its not just an upgraded design of the p2vs its a completely new animal in every way other then its body shape. Its even going to have some things in the app that the ispire dont even have yet to. Being able to fly the inspire the other day and check it out was cool as hell but it also ruined me knowing that the p3 is going to have all the same stuff and hardware in it. Now makes me not even look at any of my other phantoms the same way again. I even have a brand new custom built p2 with gopro and all the bells and whistles and top end stuff for it and its not even had a full hour of flight and already now I have no love for it any more. Yet it also has no resale value being no ones going to want to buy a severely obsolete and totally inferior model when they could just get a much better one for a heck of a lot less $$ then it would be even if i gave it away at a low ball cut rate price. :-(

Reactions: FRED BERGMAN
So, I'm hoping just to use my iPhone 6+ instead of buying yet another device (quads are expensive enough as it is). Anyone using a 6+ with the phantom pilot app? Is there enough screen real-estate there to be useful?

Failing that, I'll probably get the NVIDIA Blade rather than an iPad Mini; I have enough iDevices already.

Reactions: Abee
I think the iphone 6 plus will be big enough to be honest, i wish i had gone for the 6 plus now instead of the smaller 6 for this very reason.

Reactions: Jim Lewallen
Regarding android solutions it seems the Nvidia shield is the best with least latency, indeed this is what many people use on the dji inspire. In fact it might pay you to go and have a look on the inspire forum since that platform as been out for a while now.
The Nvidia Shield has a screen recoding device along with a port to play your SD card directly on the shield..
it also has a hdmi port you can plug in googles or a monitor. .although the dominators hd don't work but the cinemizers do..not sure why..
I'd like a bigger screen and I don't like the on/off button, but besides that it works great with my inspire. .
I would recommend getting the shield with 4g lte if you want your maps to work without preloading them..
happy flying. .
turbo. .

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert
My Ipad Mini won't run it either, only Mini 2 and 3 are supported at this time, *sadface*.....Can anyone confirm if the mini 1 will ever be supported? I'll have to use my Galaxy S4, sigh.

How about an iPhone 5c? I actually think I'd prefer one of these iPad Mini 2 I keep hearing about, but I am just about clueless when it comes to these sorta things. LOL

How about an iPhone 5c?

I personally would want a larger screen size, and that model is not on the official supported list.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/spec
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus

Well, like I said, I'm clueless about all the iVariants out there, so I figured I'd ask. Sorry about offending your bandwidth usage beliefs. :)

I personally would want a larger screen size, and that model is not on the official supported list.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/spec
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
Those are "Recommended Devices". I haven't seen it officially stated that other iPhones won't work, but not optimistic that they will. My iPhone 5 is running iOS 8.3, but the Pilot App wouldn't load. I'll probably have to upgrade to a 6 or 6+.

So some devices can't even load the app?
Does that imply that if you can load it you can use it to fly even if response is a bit sluggish?
I tried to load it on my mini 1st gen and says app not compatible with device FYI.

Hello. Noobie here needing some advice. I pre-ordered a Phantom 3 (my first quadcopter) and have a couple questions about what to use for the controller’s monitor.

Unless another tablet is clearly superior I would like to stick with Apple since I use Mac computers and I’m already proficient with OS X & iOS . I presently have an 128GB iPhone 6+ and an older 128GB iPad 2 (not the Air 2) with Cellular.

I’m concerned about the iPhone 6+’s comparatively small screen size, plus I do not want to be receiving calls, texts, etc whilst trying to fly and film. With regard to my older iPad I’m worried about it being too slow and too loaded down with songs, apps, photos, emails, etc.

Ideally I would like to purchase either an iPad Air 2 or mini 3 to be designated strictly for flying.

I’ve read elsewhere that an iPad with GPS is required. Is this in fact the case then I assume another Wi-Fi + Cellular model would needed?

Also, can the video and/or still images captured by the P3 be stored on the iPad in real time for redundancy (in case of a fly away or drowning)? If so it seems a 128GB model may be worthwhile. If not is there any reason to go bigger than 16GB? (Again, this iPad will be used just for flying the P3)

Finally, with regard to form factor, is there any consensus between the regular iPad vs. the mini as to which is preferable? Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations!
Nvidia shield tablet is awsome

would the nexus 7 2012 version work with p3 does anyone know?

Nexus 7 2012 version would not work, there is no Pilot aplication available on Play store. Nexus 7 2013 version would work.

For nexus 5 app aviable, so maybe its mean i can use for p3? Or i have to buy something from p3 device list?

For nexus 5 app aviable, so maybe its mean i can use for p3? Or i have to buy something from p3 device list?
It's more about the horsepower in your device than whether the app will install on it. The HD stream requires a pretty beefy GPU, and most older devices won't cut it.

Reactions: standartPRO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka