Best Methods for Filming Golf Course (app/software/camera settings etc.)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to complete this project back in the summer, but I am way way behind as when I was "learning" I crashed my P4, and finally got a replacement drone this past week.

I want to film a golf course, and have researched best methods, but I am looking for tips from people who have actually done it. This is my first time.

Being my first time, I am not confident in flying holes manually....yet.

When messing around before the crash, the best way seemed to be flying with the DJI app and marking way points, then returning and having it fly through my mapped path. If going this route, can I go hole to hole and map each one and save them to later return and fly the route when lighting is better?

I also have the Litchi App and wondering if that is a better route?

I am a bit of a newbie with the photo/video side of things too, but learning.

I have already purchased the Polar Pro six lens filter kit (CP, ND8, ND8-PL, ND16, ND16-PL, ND32) and hope to edit and touch up video with Adobe Premiere.

So, any tips on what camera settings, filters to use, and software/app/flight mode to experiment with would be greatly appreciated. I hope to get some footage this coming Wed. and Friday evening from 4pm-7pm (dusk).

Thank you all in advance,

J

Litchi is the better way to go. I have used it to do golf course work. It is much more effective. As to filters, I typically use a ND8, but that will change depending on conditions and time of day.

I have extensive golf course experience as my local course is my "test bed".
Agree with LITCHI recommendation, but fly manually for awhile to get the ideas you'll need to get the best shots. THEN start programming your missions. Sunny days mean ND16 for me, better leeway, and polarized for me.
Don't bother with the DJI GO waypoints function, waste of valuable time.
Dusk is a good time, you may not want a filter. Also, the golfers tend to be antagonize by a copter, so dusk is better, golfers done.

Litchi could be an app to setup waypoints mission but you should learn flying first and then have experience with Litchi before jumping into long missions. Two things to keep in mind: keep enough altitude and keep track of total travel time. You will learn more on camera pitch adjustments as you practice more.

Start with ND16 and see the results and adjust if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Skyking53

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan