Beginner does not know which Type used Phantom he has bought

Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pilots, Turning 75 and finally retiring I had planned to eventually buy a good quality drone with good photo capability after learning first to fly a simple one, like three of my grand kids who I gave a starter unit and already know how to fly, but are about 2000 miles away. I had not done any in depth research other than being aware of the Phantom name. It just so happened that on an estate sale last week I ran into a Phantom and made an impulse offer and bought it. But I do not know which type it is, it did not come with a box or instructions. One the bottom of the unit it states Model 330Z; anyone can give me information if this a Type I, II or III, so I can search for a manual on-line.

The drone came with two batteries, charger an extra set of propellers. The propellers have a guard. The drone has a HERO 3+ camera suspended form its belly with what looks like a gyro stabilization kit. However, as opposed to all the pictures I have seen on-line, the camera mounting platform with the 4 while rubber balls is suspended under the belly by four 1-1/2 in long hexagonal rods lowering the camera, now resting on the surface when parked. The legs are bowed out and look wider apart than in the pictures, 8-1/2 inches. The controller has the power on button with one red light, but not the group of battery status LED lights. The camera control is a lever on the bottom of the controller. I have not yet attempted to fly, just power up after charging the batteries. All green battery status lights came on, lights on the arm lit up, the camera righted itself and responds to the control lever.

Any help would be appreciated. Any pilots in the area of St. Petersburg, Florida are welcome to pay a visit, have lunch at my expense and teach me; there is a park next door where often drones are flying.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

That sounds like a Phantom 2, non-Vison. Does it have the Zenmuse gimbal? That was the first DJI model I had bought. I put a lot of work into that ole girl.

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
Look around in this section Phantom 2 Discussion and might get some info .

Not to discourage you but it seems you didn’t buy one of the latest drones. Current drones definitely have better technologies and easy to fly.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

If you still need help identifying your Phantom, please post some photos so we can see what you're describing.

According to the model number he provided it is a Phantom 2, non-vision, as I posted above. Also, the Phantom 2 is the only Phantom that used a Gopro camera with a gimbal.

Welcome to PhantomPilots! Definitely sounds like the Phantom 2. Fly safe and have fun!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl