Be Happy with what I Have?

Reaction score
Being happy with what I have. Is it just human nature or does my obsessions with tech specs control my mind? Everytime I see price drop of the P3P or P3A I want one. Awe 4K , LightBridge , proximity sensors , gold stickers why!!! I feel sad because I have a introductory level inexpensive P3S[emoji17].
Then a moment of clarity and advice from my dad, He said " Really, you fly it miles away (actually only a little over a mile FPVLR Mod) most of the time you're not even manually flying it or watching it for that fact (AutoPilot App) you're glued to a video screen live feed HD camera that's mounted to it. Not to mention we don't even have a TV around here , out of five that is stout enough to play 2.7K (1080p LED only ) girl your eyes can't even see much better than that to boot. You don't need another Phantom!" I started to see his point ...... Until this morning he was showing his buddies his new custom intake manifold from Marcella . Like he needs that!!!
Back to square one lol
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455641295.223909.jpg

And, then March 1st arrives and DJI releases a brand new Phantom. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. :)

With the rumors of a new model being released soon I would just enjoy what you have and see what DJI has to say in a few weeks. If they do release a P4 you'll probably really be wanting one of those . Even if any new models dont really catch your eye(or price range) i'm sure used P3A/P's will start flooding the market.

Being happy with what I have. Is it just human nature or does my obsessions with tech specs control my mind? Everytime I see price drop of the P3P or P3A I want one. Awe 4K , LightBridge , proximity sensors , gold stickers why!!! I feel sad because I have a introductory level inexpensive P3S[emoji17].
Then a moment of clarity and advice from my dad, He said " Really, you fly it miles away (actually only a little over a mile FPVLR Mod) most of the time you're not even manually flying it or watching it for that fact (AutoPilot App) you're glued to a video screen live feed HD camera that's mounted to it. Not to mention we don't even have a TV around here , out of five that is stout enough to play 2.7K (1080p LED only ) girl your eyes can't even see much better than that to boot. You don't need another Phantom!" I started to see his point ...... Until this morning he was showing his buddies his new custom intake manifold from Marcella . Like he needs that!!!
Back to square one lol View attachment 43955
Standby to Standby, DJI isn't having these blow out sells for nothing. They're clearing the shelves for the next latest and greatest. New P3P for $999, that's a deal. Wait and see what's coming!

Until this morning he was showing his buddies his new custom intake manifold from Marcella . Like he needs that!!!

Hahahaha - that is so hilarious Lana - you sound exactly like my Daughter lol, I love it! Not hard to tell you are one "cool girl"!

Very nice custom intake however (sorry) - they do make the very best! What does he have that on?

Well, you will just have to take his advice I guess or you could mention to him "how much of that custom intake manifold do you see when your driving around" - and remind him at least your not adding to the polluted air we have when flying your Phantom (he sounds like a cool Dad - so you're a good match)!

Keep on flying and smiling!

Reactions: LanaRain
Yeah, bummer, I just bought a second P3P two weeks ago for $1139. Could have saved. I'll get over it.

I would email customer support.. I took delivery of my P3s and the next day they put them on sale.. i emailed them and they made up the difference.

Reactions: Deputy Dog
Nice Manifold!

I feel you op. Actually makes me want to go get an inspire. Which looks sweet. But too much money to shell out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm completely happy with my Phantoms. There isn't anything realistic they could add to the P4 that would make me buy one. Anything new they add is going to bump that price up.

Mr Tony , thank you , your right. I can only Hope . I would much rather have an Inspire because of the looks alone. I love how aggressive it seems just sitting there. Im sure I'm not alone here, I guess I'm a DJI fan girl the reliably has been perfect so far and no crashes. [emoji120]

I'm completely happy with my Phantoms. There isn't anything realistic they could add to the P4 that would make me buy one. Anything new they add is going to bump that price up.
Agreed. I wasn't even willing to pay the 300 extra dollars to get the Advanced because the gains weren't worth the money in my opinion. I don't see how the 4 will offer anything drastically different.

Reactions: LanaRain
I feel you op. Actually makes me want to go get an inspire. Which looks sweet. But too much money to shell out.

Oh ya Tony - I see an Inspire 1 Pro with my name on it or maybe the Matrice 100 build - I am working on learning as much as I can on the P3 so I can handle the Inspire or whatever with a Zenmuse XT IR camera on board so I can add to my business (vibration and thermal studies).

All depends on what they are gonna nail us with that set up (Flir XT/DJI Combo). I figure that camera alone will be in the $5k USD range or higher - add that to the price of an Inspire 1 Pro or a loaded Matrice 100 and that's a lot of dough hanging in the air (plus up here in Canada add another 35% with the exchange rate and that is one huge - OUCH)!.

I would much rather have an Inspire because of the looks alone. I love how aggressive it seems just sitting there.

You're right about the look of the Inspire - very aggressive look yet professional and even alien looking when it is hovering, like two big arms stretched up and out. When it sits on a table and you are looking at it eye level - it looks like two big silver eyes on each side of the white skull kinda head staring back at ya (the two top screws on the white cover).

The whole look from the front at eye level just has an eerie alien kind of look - big white head with those two eyes. How I see it anyway - LOL!

This is what I like about being the older gentleman. Almost retired.
Got a shitload of money saved. I can just go out and buy the bad bird.
Unfortunately, I have a wife. She does not see things the same way. LOL
And I love her to death. So, Guess what.....No Inspire for me....:(
Momma must be happy too. Like I said, I love her to death. Been married for almost 40 years and would not trade one day away from her. I suppose if I really wanted the Inspire and gave her that pouty face, she would even buy it for me....LOL

Been married for almost 40 years and would not trade one day away from her.

WOW - Mike, that's really special man - good on both of you! That is for certain "priceless" to have and not to mention "Inspiring" (pun intended).

Well congratulations on the upcoming 40th whenever that might be.

No Inspire for me....:(

No Inspire for you - your Inspire in life came over 40 years ago and there aint no other kind of Inspire out there that would change that I bet!

Take care all the best to you both with health and happiness.

My wife and I are nearly 70 married for 40 yrs too. We have always had a dollar for dollar system - I spend $500 she can spend the same, although I always seem to lose out.
Just been bitten by the quad bug but not having much luck.
First machine returned 3 times and refunded
Second machine threw a prop from about 10 meters, written off
Next was Blade Glimpse XL, good machine but video only average
Then my first Dji vision 2 plus, excellent machine but managed to rip the camera off, replacement cost aud $700, another $150 bought P3 Standard, love it and great video
Wish me luck
Cheers
Brian

My wife and I are nearly 70 married for 40 yrs too. We have always had a dollar for dollar system - I spend $500 she can spend the same, although I always seem to lose out.
Just been bitten by the quad bug but not having much luck.
First machine returned 3 times and refunded
Second machine threw a prop from about 10 meters, written off
Next was Blade Glimpse XL, good machine but video only average
Then my first Dji vision 2 plus, excellent machine but managed to rip the camera off, replacement cost aud $700, another $150 bought P3 Standard, love it and great video
Wish me luck
Cheers
Brian
Wow great story, I'm happy you have a DJI again and you like it. I have the bug too, So my question is , I wonder what model will be out when I'm your age sir in 2060? [emoji6]

Reactions: rdzbarger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl