Be Happy with what I Have?

Yeah somebody else mentioned that earlier on, it's good and has definitely given me something to really consider :)

This Hobby is truly ageless , but not to long ago using a model airplane or difficult helicopter you had to be somewhat knowledgeable to have any chance of a successful flight.
I've seen my dad and his friends crash a few when I was little.

Oh ya - not long ago and even right now - flying model aircraft and choppers is a lot more difficult than flying these quads! I've seen some guys that are totally gifted when it comes to flying the RC planes and helo's! That's an art!

Sheesh ------ LOL ---- your original post has gone a long way hasn't it and even hit a few different subjects/topics - well then again you were talking "technology" - right!

Hey - BTW I used your quote today .....seriously!

Myself and 2 other vib techs were discussing changes to our vib analyzers when a one guy says "I think with these it will be a long time before any advances show up"

I laughed and then I said -----are you ready ----------- oh ya ----- I quoted you and said........... "seems like companies spoon feed the masses technology sometimes".

Got a couple of stares then - "hmmm maybe you are right". I said that is a quote from a future "world renowned techi").

Reactions: LanaRain
Well - kinda, sorta, maybe - hmmm - as to seeing a clear difference between 1080p and 4k resolution.

If you are seated or standing at the same distance away from the same sized screen watching 1080p then watching 4k - it's your brain that's saying "hey that looks better in 4k" when in fact your eyes focal point can't detect that unless your distance from the screen is different (i.e. the higher the resolution the closer you need to sit for your eyes to detect a significant or even a relatively small difference in picture quality".)

Our eyes only use a very small part for viewing accurately - density of receptors in our eyes are heavily concentrated at the center as to focus. The way the human eyes work however is to unconsciously move around a focal point from one interesting spot to another. Focusing on the full area of interest (screen) all at once is not as important as long as the area in focus has lots of detail. The centre focal area (can't remember the actual % or angle used lol) anyway, the rest of the eye just does not focus and actually blurs out those areas - hence the reason for sitting closer to truly detect any differences and hence the need for our brains to tell us "hey it's better".

Ok enough of this.......getting carried away........back to Phantom info and help!

Here's a chart that will help understand where we would get the real true effect from our eyes when viewing higher resolution versus standard or hd.

Well said! Great post ! I completely agree!!! [emoji41]

I don't think that chart is accurate at all. I can see a noticeable difference on a 50 inch 4K versus a 1080p screen well beyond 7 feet. And I assure you that 480p does not look anything like 4K at 15 feet.

Reactions: twisted1504
The closer you sit (to an extent) the more you'll notice differences in resolution. Like a picture, the more you zoom in , the more youl'l notice the added detail of a higher megapixel camera.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Wow great story, I'm happy you have a DJI again and you like it. I have the bug too, So my question is , I wonder what model will be out when I'm your age sir in 2060? [emoji6]
I'm 58 and have grown up with RC airplanes (I still fly those too). I cannot imagine what it will be like in 2060..WoW..!!!
**** reminds me of this old song from the sixties...

I'm 58 and have grown up with RC airplanes (I still fly those too). I cannot imagine what it will be like in 2060..WoW..!!!
**** reminds me of this old song from the sixties...
I remember that song...LOL

This is what I like about being the older gentleman. Almost retired.
Got a shitload of money saved. I can just go out and buy the bad bird.
Unfortunately, I have a wife. She does not see things the same way. LOL
And I love her to death. So, Guess what.....No Inspire for me....:(
Momma must be happy too. Like I said, I love her to death. Been married for almost 40 years and would not trade one day away from her. I suppose if I really wanted the Inspire and gave her that pouty face, she would even buy it for me....LOL

I relate exactly to this

Yeah, I guess we are just a bunch of old mushie guys.:(:)

I am in the same boat as far as upgrading from the P3S. I took mine on a backpacking trip and got some great shots... However there were two shots that I didn't get. 1. Lost GPS in some high winds and crashed the **** thing. 2. Lost video feed and had no idea what the camera was looking at.

Lightbridge and more GPS satellites would have definitely helped!

Being happy with what I have. Is it just human nature or does my obsessions with tech specs control my mind? Everytime I see price drop of the P3P or P3A I want one. Awe 4K , LightBridge , proximity sensors , gold stickers why!!! I feel sad because I have a introductory level inexpensive P3S[emoji17].
Then a moment of clarity and advice from my dad, He said " Really, you fly it miles away (actually only a little over a mile FPVLR Mod) most of the time you're not even manually flying it or watching it for that fact (AutoPilot App) you're glued to a video screen live feed HD camera that's mounted to it. Not to mention we don't even have a TV around here , out of five that is stout enough to play 2.7K (1080p LED only ) girl your eyes can't even see much better than that to boot. You don't need another Phantom!" I started to see his point ...... Until this morning he was showing his buddies his new custom intake manifold from Marcella . Like he needs that!!!
Back to square one lol View attachment 43955
Your dad sounds like a guy with his head screwed on right. And he does need that intake, its a necessity, IMO :p

Wow great story, I'm happy you have a DJI again and you like it. I have the bug too, So my question is , I wonder what model will be out when I'm your age sir in 2060? [emoji6]

Well they wont have prop driven motors, and they wont need us to control them I'd reckon...

Actually, just watch the terminator movies and you will see a few :eek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl