Battery Issue

Reaction score
I was inspecting my craft today and noticed one of the Battery's had small cracking and protrusion from the inside. Should I be concerned? Would DJI replace?

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 363
That's a known issue with the original P4 batteries. While it's purely cosmetic, DJI might replace it if it's less than 6 months old. Try contacting DJI support.

Ahhh ok, Thank you msinger. You know now that you had mentioned it I may of read and seen on a post somewhere at one time.
Curious whats causing it to happen, maybe heat related?

It's caused by the pressure from the release button when pressed in while removing the battery. I guess the plastic is just a bit too weak.

Reactions: Cadbob
Hey bro same thing happened to me and dji sent me a brand new battery. I havent even opened it yet. But the battery that had the crack came with the drone. I guess it was the first batch that had this prob

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: scootrkitz
Hey bro same thing happened to me and dji sent me a brand new battery. I havent even opened it yet. But the battery that had the crack came with the drone. I guess it was the first batch that had this prob

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

i believe the new version with the brighter LEDs has a fix for this issue. one of my original batteries has a hairline crack there :( not sure if i want to bother sending it in or not.

Reactions: scootrkitz
The old P4 battery CPPT000342 had cracking issues and was replaced by the CPPT000399 version. I note that one of the Amazon resellers is selling these, supposedly brand-new (some dispute about that, apparently) for $105. It's Amazon-fulfilled, so I presume that that means their return policy applies. Link

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl